Japanese Steakhouse

Options
My weight loss has really been kicking into high gear! I'm so excited and so pleased that I am a mere .5 lbs away from breaking the yo-yo cycle. My highest weight was almost 220... my target weight is 140... and I have been struggling for a long time just to get out of the 190s. Today, I am at 190.5... super exciting! :bigsmile: However, my boyfriend and I have recently had some struggles. To surprise me, he got us reservations at a Japanese Steakhouse, which is my absolute favorite place to eat. I don't want to say no... but am I letting myself down if I put myself in a place where I certainly know I will want the shrimp sauce? I have been eating so clean... and working so hard... I don't want to undo that and head right back in to my 190s yo-yo limbo...

Perhaps I am being oversensitive about all this? Someone talk some sense into me! :ohwell:

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Go and enjoy. Plan to take at least half of it home. Gotta be happy to make all the hard work worth it. If you don't let your self go now then you might regret it.
  • ClbsMm2000
    Options
    Personally, I allow myself little cheats every once in awhile. If you take away all of your favorites, you'll never stick to the lifestyle change, and you'll be right back where you started. Go and enjoy. And if it's making you feel real guilty, get in some extra time at the gym to compensate.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cheat - have a good workout - say - 500 Cals, and order a Filet Mignon (3.5oz is 414 Calories) - make sure your sides arent swimming in oil - salad is the safest - you're 100% good!