JUST PAST NOON AND NO SODIUM LEFT

Options
WOW i guess you cant lose weight when you drink a ton of water but go over on sodium. oh well tomorrow is a new day. :grumble:

Replies

• waynedoug
    waynedoug Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW i guess you cant lose weight when you drink a ton of water but go over on sodium. oh well tomorrow is a new day. :grumble:
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I got started, I noticed how easy it was not to stay on target and to give up. But, that is what I normally do, just look the other way and *****. So, this time, I went about this much easier on myself. I decided to look for the little wins in a bad day rather than the other. I decided to think about this as a new job, you can't master a new job in a day, week of month, takes time. But you succeed if you keep learning as to what works, keep moving forward one day at a time and keep laughing along the way.:laugh:

So, even on the scale, it aint happening the way I dreamed it would. What is happening on the bright side is wow, well at least I'm not gaining! Wow, I didn't realize how many calories that had (or sodium), hmm, cool this is low on cals and tasted great, need to add that next time.

It's a journey not a destination. So, I promise to keep looking for the little wins until it clicks and all works if you do:drinker:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    waynedoug

check this website out
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/question447.htm

It answers the question of how drinking ice cold water actually helps burn calories.

As far as the sodium thing goes... simple lifestyle changes like low sodium butter, turkey bacon... that sort of stuff low in sodium can really help, since intaking too much sodium makes us retain water.

Good luck!

Check out the recipes section of the community, there are a lot of great recipes in there to help lose weight by satisfying our cravings on lower calorie foods.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember at 2 lbs a week it adds up to 52 lbs in 26 weeks or 6 months or 104 lbs in 1 year I have been here for 6 months, it's wonderful :wink:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

I only watch calories and it seems to take care of itself!

Wishing you the best :drinker: