Roasted Halibut with Garlic sauce

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
This was so good, so quick and so easy! Halibut is such a satisfying fish to me, because it almost feels like you're eating a thick steak. This sauce is a very simple and quick version of a garlic aioli, which keeps the fish so moist. We are big garlic lovers in this household, so feel free to scale back some to suit your family. GREAT weekday meal... and I don't know about you, but as a mom in the workforce, I struggle with eating healthy on a strict time allowance. Only so many salads that I can throw together before I want something different.

1 3/4 lb halibut filet (1-1/2 inches thick)
5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 C olive oil mayo or light mayo, whichever you prefer
salt and pepper (I prefer Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt and Pepper... less sodium, more flavor)
lemon wedges

1. Preheat oven to 450F, with rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Carefully place the fish in the pan, with as much space as possible in between them. Season liberally on all sides with salt and pepper.
3. Force the garlic cloves through a garlic press and into a bowl. Whisk in the oil and 1/8th tsp salt. Whisk in the mayo and continue to whisk until emulsified.
4. Spread the sauce over the fish. Then bake, uncovered, until fish is cooked through. 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!!

Replies

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious and easy! thanks!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh man! This sounds Delicious! Any idea on the number of calories per serving?! I can't imagine that it's much!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    BUMP! This sounds so easy and delicious. We LOVE garlic!
    And great timing with my husband's Lent time of the year.

Thanks!
  • Christie23
    Options
    Oh man! This sounds Delicious! Any idea on the number of calories per serving?! I can't imagine that it's much!

The cals depend on the size of your fish, whether you use olive oil mayo, light mayo or regular mayo, and what you choose as your side (obviously). My meal last night included olive oil mayo, a HUGE piece of halibut and sauteed green beans with toasted sesame seeds... and my entire meal was around 280 cals.
  • Christie23
    Options

The cals depend on the size of your fish, whether you use olive oil mayo, light mayo or regular mayo, and what you choose as your side (obviously). My meal last night included olive oil mayo, a HUGE piece of halibut and sauteed green beans with toasted sesame seeds... and my entire meal was around 280 cals.

Well... SHOULD have been around 280 if it weren't for all that darn Pinot Grigio. :blushing:
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely tagging this one for future use! My husband doesn't like fish and can't stand the smell of it, but I'll make it after he leaves! I can see myself making this one A LOT! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm....Thanks for sharing!