April 2011 26.2 Challenge

Options
kac7700
kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
In honor of the Boston Marathon in April, Running Mate (you can find them on Facebook) is having a 26.2 challenge.

What do you have to do? Simply commit to running 26.2 miles in the month of April! NOT all at once, just for the month. I know some of you ARE running the Boston Marathon and will do this in one day. Some of you can do this in a week or two (I should have it done in under two weeks), and some of your are starting out and it's a great milestone.

Thought this sounded like a fun idea and would throw it out there to all my fabulous MFP members!

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm in....i've got a half marathon on April 23rd so between the race and training I'll definitely be logging many more miles than 26.2 :-)
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I'm in!! running a 5K and a half marathong this weekend...wish it counted! lol but planning running my first full in November, can't wait!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm in
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Count me in!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Game On! I will accept that challenge!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I'm in too. This will be a fairly tough challenge for me
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!
    I'm in too. This will be a fairly tough challenge for me
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My week has looked like this;

Tuesday 3 miles hill training
    Wednesday 3 mile Tempo
    Saturday 14 mile Long Slow Run.

Closing on that 26.2 pretty quickly!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    Now that April is over and my results are in--I had blended two weeks together in my log somewhere along the line and had to make corrections--I found that despite the awful MN weather, somehow I managed to run 39.9 miles during the month. It's a good start after a Winter of sciatic nerve pain and a 3-week stretch back in October when the pain was so bad I couldn't even get out of bed. During the month of May, I'll be trying to make further progress as I've made the very bold move of signing up for a half-marathon in June. (all in one day :^)

Anyone else have a report? How many miles did you run? Did you train consistently, or have stretches of time without any running? Have you learned anything that will help your running in the future?