Praise for the cabbage soup diet?

Options
Recently, I was talking to an old friend of mine and they old me that they did a cabbage soup diet for 7 days and she lost 8lbs. From researching on the internet, there has been a lot of speculation that the cabbage soup diet is bad for you and it starves your body of the nutrition it needs. However, I have read the 7 day diet plan and to me it doesn't seem so bad. I only intend on doing this diet for 7 days, sort of like a detox for my body, and then I will return to regular healthy eating. This is the 7 day diet plan:

Day 1: Eat all of the fruit you want but no bananas. Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice and water. Eat as much cabbage soup as you'd like.

Day 2: Eat as much fresh, raw, or cooked vegetables as you want by stay away from dry beans, peas and sweetcorn. Eat a big baked potato with butter and as much cabbage soup as you'd like. No fruit today.

Day 3: Eat as much fruit, vegetables and cabbage soup as you would like.

Day 4: Eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as many glasses of skimmed milk as you woud like. Eat as much cabbage soup as you'd like. Today is to stop you craving sweet things.

Day 5: Eat 300-500g of beef with a large can or up to 6 fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water and eat cabbage soup at least once.

Day 6: Eat beef and vegetables today. You can eat as many as 2 or 3 steaks if you would like. Eat cabbage soup at least once.

Day 7: Eat all you want of brown rice and vegetables. Drink as much as you want of unsweetened fruit juices and eat cabbage soup at least once.

So guys, that is the plan that I found on the internet. Keeping in mind you can actually eat rather a lot, what does everyone think? Do you think that I should try this for 7 days or not?

Also, has anyone tried the cabbage soup diet and had great success with it?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Amy. :smile:

Replies

• Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, I have never done the diet, but I do make a cabbage soup chock full of vegetables and I throw shredded chicken in it....it's delicious and super low calorie. This diet sounds terrible though....8 bananas? I think it would only be water weight lost. There's no magical diet out there.
  • nadia2484
    Options
    I have done this diet. It works well but then you have to stick to eating healthy after to keep losing weight. :)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I did actually go on this. I did fine till the 6 day and I was so sick of cabbage soup that the smell made me nausiated. I lost in the 6 days roughly 5 lbs, which I knew was water retention. So I didn't feel like I really accompolished anything.. Good luck with it if you should try it..
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Tried this diet hated cabbage soup needless to say that didn't last long! LOL
  • momofcami
    momofcami Posts: 45
    Options
    It's so much easier to just eat proper portions of the right kinds of food. Not to mention healthier.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    dont do it, im doing weight watcher points plus and its not bad at all

and you can still eat what you want as long as it is in your daily points and you get 49 points extra a week