How do you stay consistent?

kookla33
kookla33 Posts: 234
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Yesterday, I asked how people pushed past their plateaus, and the responses were really helpful! Now, I would really love to know what tricks/habits help you stay more consistent? I think consistency is the missing link for a lot of us!!

Replies

• ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    I have a calendar with my workouts scheduled out for weeks in advance and I keep it right on my fridge. I mark off each workout as I do it. Works for me!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    ElaineKatko-That is a really good idea to have a calendar and mark it off! I have done that before but forgot about that. I think it's the marking off part that's the funnest, isn't it? Gives you such a sense of accomplishment!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    I also keep a calender. It is really helpful. This isn't really something to help but it is known that it takes abour 30 days to create a habit. So, if you continue on a routine for about that long, it will become apart of your day to day life. You will no longer have to think about it!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    ElaineKatko-That is a really good idea to have a calendar and mark it off! I have done that before but forgot about that. I think it's the marking off part that's the funnest, isn't it? Gives you such a sense of accomplishment!

So true! I LOVE marking off a workout! :-)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    I have a 4 year old....
    All I have to do is think about working out and she seems to sense it and pushes me. Heck she even pushes me on nights when I don't think about it.

On the food end - I either track throughout the day or try to log what I pack for lunches as I pack. That way I know what I have left for dinner. My magic MFP number is 1360 - I try to stay between 1200 - 1400, allowing extras on workout days, but usually doesn't end up being much more.

I also have a stationary bike sitting in plain view under my nose, in my living room... it's location is in and of itself motivation to me.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    I have a calendar with my workouts scheduled out for weeks in advance and I keep it right on my fridge. I mark off each workout as I do it. Works for me!

I do this too! Really helps
This discussion has been closed.