Whats for dinner?

Options
Okay it's Friday...what's for dinner? I don't want to cook...but I don't want Fast Food. What should I do?

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Always healthy choice steamers- Takes 5 minutes to make, just throw in the microwave..low cal/low sodium on some. :smile:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Okay it's Friday...what's for dinner? I don't want to cook...but I don't want Fast Food. What should I do?

Salad (lettuce, carrots, tomato) with a boiled egg.
    1 cup of cereal with 1/2 c skim milk. A side of almonds for protein.
    Low fat or no fat yogart with fruit.
    Eggs/whites with broccoli and no fat feta cheese.
    Leftovers. (hehe)
  • shuffman85
    Options
    You can still eat out and eat healthy! Chili's has great fish options, salmon with veggies is one of my favs. It's a hard choice to make when you go out to eat because I love their fajitas. But in the end I feel better about myself.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking tilapia with asparagus.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Zatarain's reduced sodium Jambalaya made with shrimp and turkey smoked sausage. Broccoli on the side (or maybe mixed in, haven't decided yet).
  • Christiane81
    Options
    This is my favorite thing to cook on a friday night, it is comfort food without the fat:

Take 1 lb of chicken breast and pound it to 1/2 inch thickness
    Dredge it in a mixture of wheat flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt and pepper
    Then dredge it in egg whites
    Cook it in a pan, 5 minutes on each side and then remove from the pan
    In that same pan, take 1/4c minced shallots, garlic, 1/4 c apricot preserves, 1/4 chopped dried apricots and cook together until preserves are melted.
    Add 1- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (RF/RS) and bring to a boil, place chicken back in the pan and cook until no longer pink.
    Serve with steamed veggies!
    This is so much healthier than some premade frozen item and it takes under 20 minutes total...enjoy!
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    spicy bison sandwiches. :)
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    or maybe boiled shrimp, lightly buttered whole wheat pasta (I Cant Believe Its Not Butter spray), parmesan cheese and steamed broccoli.
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    Tacos!! Made with ground beef/ground chicken

Kids love it- Ill eat the guts!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    fish sticks, french fries and a salad. throw it in the oven and cut some veggies. super easy night.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hmm...hadn't thought about it with all the errands I have to do tonight...I was thinking Talapia but I might change that to Tuna Wrap? Tuna something?? HHmm...