They're not my legs!

Options
Even when I was bigger my calves were probably one of my best features. I've always walked/cycled or been horse riding which helped keep them in shape, sure still fat but not wobbly (although my thighs were!).

In the summer I've lived in vests and knee-length denim shorts. Last summer I was wearing a UK size 18. By the end of summer they were getting too loose and so early this spring I bought some 14's. Didn't wear them because of the weather so when I popped them on the other day was pleasantly surprised to find if I don't wear a belt, chances are they will fall down!

Popped into the same shop I bought the denim shorts from, decided I was going to be daring and try a shorter pair. Took in a 12 and 14. Popped the 12's on and really for the first time, the weight loss hit me. It sounds vain of me to say, but I actually stood and stared at my legs for a good few minutes, I even muttered to myself "They're not my legs!". I still have a bit of a muffin top but as the shorts aren't tight I put it down to them being quite low waisted, luckily I've still got some weight left to shed so hopefully they will be perfect come summer when I can wear them. Never did I think I could pull off short shorts, but, well, can I?

200674_10150122145122327_633522326_7202543_8155440_n.jpg

Down from 179lbs to 149lbs, lost about 2" from my thighs and 5" from my waist and stomach!

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The shorts look fantastic on you and you have a great pair of legs. I happen to like some meat/muscle on the legs. I don't think anyone finds skinny legs attractive. So go on and rock your short shorts and congrats on your weightloss.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    congrats! that must be a great feeling! and you look just fine showing that much leg!
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go girlie!!! Nice legs :)
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Keep on showing off those legs :)
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Looks great!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yup. I do believe you can. Great job!!
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look fabulous! Way to go! :smile:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    awesome job. you look great!!!!
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you :D
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Awesome job!

Congratulations - They look great on you!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! You are going to rock the summer in those shorts!!! Way to go!!!
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • hollyd1986
    hollyd1986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes they are your legs :D well done
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You have great legs! Congrats!!!
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :D
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, you so totally CAN rock those shorts!! Awesome work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!