What is ridiculous?

Options

Replies

• Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I used to see this in the ER a lot, people who come in for a breathing treatment and then go out to smoke. I am not hatin' the smokers, just the idiots.

Or people who blame others for everything and then when they are making a mistake they always have an excuse. :grumble:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    When your in a grocery store check out and the person in front of you has 2 carriages full of food and you have ONE ITEM!!! God forbid if the person says, hey do you want to go in front of me so you dont have to wait all day in line? :)

I used to work in a grocery store and I always felt bad for those people! Man I could make a laundry list of crap that is annoying there. People don't realize when they are grocery shopping they let their guard down and you can really see their true annoying and hateful colors!! Here is a small list just cuz I have time and what the hey... :tongue:

1. Waiting until the last item rings up before you dig out your check book and begin writing your check.
    2. Shoving your cart, or yourself, up to the check stand before the person in front of you has even paid for their stuff.
    3. Dumping out your change purse on the register belt to count out 4 cents....and then putting it away one dang coin at a time.
    4. Talking on your cellphone while your being rung up. Just rude...really. Especially when the cashier asks you about your order and YOU tell HER to hold on.
    5. When people will put their stuff on the belt and then walk away to get more items...several times...while on their cell phone also...during a busy rush....and every other customer is looking at you like its all YOUR fault.
    6. 20+ items in the "10 Item or Less" line......
    7. Leaving your cart at the end of the register, in the middle of the busy area, because you can just carry your two bags out.....even though you are walking right on by the cart coral in the foyer...
    8. Pulling money out of your bra to pay for your stuff....ewwww.
    9. Waiting until the last item is bagged before letting the cashier/bag boy know you wanted paper bags or you brought your own.
    10. Just plain talking down the cashier like they are a complete moron because they are a cashier.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    my boss forwards me emails (or replies to an email I send her) and asks me to forward them to people. (people she has in her address book and knows the email address for!)
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    When your in a grocery store check out and the person in front of you has 2 carriages full of food and you have ONE ITEM!!! God forbid if the person says, hey do you want to go in front of me so you dont have to wait all day in line? :)

Another for the grocery store, I hate when you are in line and the person in front of you has to pay for many items separately.
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    kinda off the subject a bit. i am defanatly not expecting a miracle and lose weight over night....i go with the motto you didn't gain it over night, not going to lose it overnight. i have lost around 5lbs since march 1st, is that about the normal weight loss rate?(i accidentally put in the wrong weight when i joined mfp, so mfp says i lost 7lbs, but is actually 5lbs...oops)
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It irks me to go to the grocery store and see the people who are so obese (don't mean to offend anyone) they ride in the electric carts and have nothing in the basket but 4 cases of diet pop, potato chips and oreos, while they reach for the pre packaged processes 1000 cal hungry man in the freezer section... :( makes me sad actually. EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!
    I know its not right... but I refer to these people as "HandiFat" because their handicap is being too fat!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

You should have been faster:laugh:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It irks me to go to the grocery store and see the people who are so obese (don't mean to offend anyone) they ride in the electric carts and have nothing in the basket but 4 cases of diet pop, potato chips and oreos, while they reach for the pre packaged processes 1000 cal hungry man in the freezer section... :( makes me sad actually. EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!

This gets me in trouble every d*** time! Especially on the first on the month...

This seriously is one of my biggest pet peeves. I was overdue with our son and I was still walking around the damn store and there were two morbidly obese women on the carts, so big the damn back of it was scraping the floor. I was sitting on the bench, ankles swollen huge and she just shakes her head at me like I'm lazy.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the grocery store and the people buy only junk food with their food stamps.

OR when they come in and bring everyone's sales papers and want the prices from the sales paper then have coupons and are writing a check. I want to stab them.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the grocery store and the people buy only junk food with their food stamps.

OR when they come in and bring everyone's sales papers and want the prices from the sales paper then have coupons and are writing a check. I want to stab them.

One of my BIGGEST peeves is seeing people using food stamps, only to see them in the parking lot afterwards driving a Lexus, BMW, or equally expensive car. Thanks for letting my tax dollars pay for your food while you drive a $50,000 car.

As far as the coupons, I am THAT person...because half of my paycheck went to taxes paying for the abovementioned a-hole's groceries. Yaaay America.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I know its not right... but I refer to these people as "HandiFat" because their handicap is being too fat!

With that being said, I do not feel sorry for these people AT ALL.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    people who preface their statements, "I don't mean to offend you, but......" no, you did and now are trying to be a passive aggressive wanker. You would not use that preface if you didn't already know it may be offensive.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

One of my BIGGEST peeves is seeing people using food stamps, only to see them in the parking lot afterwards driving a Lexus, BMW, or equally expensive car. Thanks for letting my tax dollars pay for your food while you drive a $50,000 car.

As far as the coupons, I am THAT person...because half of my paycheck went to taxes paying for the abovementioned a-hole's groceries. Yaaay America.

I love when I go to the store, and have store brand products in my cart and the meat that was on sale for the week just to save some $$$ and these people with their EBT cards have enough snow crab and lobster and porterhouse steaks to throw a party, walk out and load it into thier very expensive SUV's....... Kills me, I work hard for my money and it kills me to know that some of my hard earned money goes to these people who are supposedly in need and live way better than I do. :explode:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Have to say it. People who post asking other MFP'ers to help them figure out what the chicken breast (or other) weighed that they had for lunch. Yeah, like that's going to give you a more accurate log. Get a darn kitchen scale!!!! I live anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 miles away from you, I am not Johnny Carson, and how in the world do you think I can guess if you can't when you are the one who viewed it??? It just cracks me up!
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    people who preface their statements, "I don't mean to offend you, but......" no, you did and now are trying to be a passive aggressive wanker. You would not use that preface if you didn't already know it may be offensive.

As someone who was (and still is) morbidly obese, this is my take on this topic:

1) I had to use those electric carts for a time after a very serious car accident that nearly killed me, and left me with injuries too numerous to mention. I was at my heaviest then.
    2) I got "the look" from ignorant people who assumed I was using the cart out of sheer laziness, and people who even had the nerve to walk up to me and look to see what I was buying. For the record- it was not all junk.
    3) I've heard the whispered comments about my size, and even though we may be fat, most of us are not DEAF.

So yeah, some overweight people are just fat and lazy. Others are not. It would behoove many people to not be so presumptuous about what they perceive to be reality.

That said, I find it hard to sympathize with overweight people with a cart full of junk food.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    kinda off the subject a bit. i am defanatly not expecting a miracle and lose weight over night....i go with the motto you didn't gain it over night, not going to lose it overnight. i have lost around 5lbs since march 1st, is that about the normal weight loss rate?(i accidentally put in the wrong weight when i joined mfp, so mfp says i lost 7lbs, but is actually 5lbs...oops)
    smart girl i wish more ppl saw it this way.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I work in a school and what irks me is the kids that come through my line and get free lunch while wearing all high end brand name clothes. Then to make matters worse whip out a wad of cash to buy cookies & juice.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Those people who drive around a parking lot for, literally, 15 minutes looking for the closest possible spot to the entrace. Or those who will sit and wait for someone to load their 2 carts full of groceries and buckle in their 10 kids just because it's a couple of spaces closer! Just park and get out and walk the 10 extra feet! And this has nothing to do with size/weight either! I want to throttle these people for causing jams in already busy parking lots and for not realizing they could've been inside and had half of their shopping finished by the time they nab that second spot in the row!

Also, and it's probably the same aftorementioned people, those who can't put their carts into a cart corral! UGH!!! They'll stack them in an empty spot, leave them huddled around a trash can or one of those islands with the grass and tree. They'll even put them up against the car next to them! JUST WALK THEM TO THE CORRAL!!!!!!!!!

:) I hate going to the grocery store! :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Those people who drive around a parking lot for, literally, 15 minutes looking for the closest possible spot to the entrace. Or those who will sit and wait for someone to load their 2 carts full of groceries and buckle in their 10 kids just because it's a couple of spaces closer! Just park and get out and walk the 10 extra feet! And this has nothing to do with size/weight either! I want to throttle these people for causing jams in already busy parking lots and for not realizing they could've been inside and had half of their shopping finished by the time they nab that second spot in the row!

Also, and it's probably the same aftorementioned people, those who can't put their carts into a cart corral! UGH!!! They'll stack them in an empty spot, leave them huddled around a trash can or one of those islands with the grass and tree. They'll even put them up against the car next to them! JUST WALK THEM TO THE CORRAL!!!!!!!!!

my daughter goes in the car in her car seat before the trunk gets loaded,if im not near the cart corral,i am not leaving her alone in the car to put the cart up.I dont care what anyone thinks of that lol.in fact the last person that said something to me about it got a one finger wave and I was on my way.
    the reason I put my kid in the car first is because when my son was a toddler he was sitting in the cart while i loaded the trunk and some idiot backed into the back of my car and the shopping cart.he was ok but I learned my leasson and the saftey of my children means more to me than if someones going to get pissed that I left my cart out
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

my daughter goes in the car in her car seat before the trunk gets loaded,if im not near the cart corral,i am not leaving her alone in the car to put the cart up.I dont care what anyone thinks of that lol.in fact the last person that said something to me about it got a one finger wave and I was on my way.
    the reason I put my kid in the car first is because when my son was a toddler he was sitting in the cart while i loaded the trunk and some idiot backed into the back of my car and the shopping cart.he was ok but I learned my leasson and the saftey of my children means more to me than if someones going to get pissed that I left my cart out

Yeah, I have two kids and won't leave them in the car to deliver the cart back halfway across the lot. I learned with the first one that it's easier to just park next to or close to the corral. That way I don't have to go searching for a cart in the first place AND I can keep other people's cars from getting beat up by putting it back there when I'm finished.