Taking a Break

incircles_lp2
incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I am officially taking a break from this website. Don't get me wrong- this website is amazing and has helped me eat well and be more aware of my calorie intake throughout the day, but I need to stop obsessing over every single calorie. I punish myself too much because of it! I notice that on days or weeks that I don't count every single calorie, that I am more happy and I actually end up losing weight. I think this website has helped me to figure out how much my body needs to eat in a day without gaining weight or to lose weight for that matter.

I am off on a bike tour that will consist of about 900 miles total. It will be very intense because it will be mostly uphill the whole way! I am not going to worry myself with calorie counting for that time period because that would be insane. I should be fine eating pretty much whatever I want to during that time (healthy foods of course, but lots of them!), but have to get back on the bandwagon once I am finished.

I know how easy it is to obsess with this website. Take it for what it's worth, but don't let your life revolve around it or give yourself a guilt trip every time you go a few calories over. Enjoy life! Namaste!

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Good luck on your bike tour! That sounds intense! You will be awesome!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Good luck with your bike tour! I am seeing what you mean about obsessing over those calories going over...it's getting crazy! Thanks for the advice and enjoy yourself!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Great advice! This website is an excellent learning tool for realizing what is in your everyday foods. No need to get obsessed.

Personally I'm obsessed with the message boards but that's a different kind of obsession. ;)
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Agreed on your post! There are days where I OBSESS over this stuff. I literally will spend hours looking up calories of found. But I also find when I don't watch it as closely I do lose!
This discussion has been closed.