YOUR best diet foods???

Options

Replies

• SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I plan for work, too. I also plan for extra hungry days so I can make good choices. I JUST now ate two things I didn't "plan" to eat - raw sugar snap peas and almonds.

My other go-to "unplanned" snacks are: 100 calorie packs (either a chocolatey treat, or a salty treat), string cheese, diced strawberries or canteloupe, 10-15 tortilla chips, etc
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oikos organic greek yogurt. They have really delicious flavors like honey and caramel. Fat free and low cal and high in protein so it fills me up.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    GOOD OLD FASHION raw veggies! full of fiber and helps keep you full. also apples are really good for keeping the hunger away. or maybe you need to re-adjust your calories, maybe you should shoot for losing 1/2 to 1 pound a week. you might need more fuel.... I say if your eating well eat more! no processed foods!
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    green apples, or yogurt help me out.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    More rotein, keeps you fuller longer! Greek Yogurt a great suggestion as well as REAL protein drinks, not Slim Fast and Special K kinds! Try Premier Protein, Pure Protein, Muscle Milk.....Jay Robb as well!
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Natural (Organic) microwave popcorn... NO butter! 30 cals per 1 cup popped! I have 2 cups as an afternoon snack... cant beat it !
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Around 2:00, I also decide that I am starving while I'm sitting here at work. I like to have a cup of Darjeeling tea (zero calories!) and a Nonni's Biscotti (Originali is my favorite, and is only 90 calories, but they have a lot of other flavors too and are usually 110 calories at the most). It's not particularly filling, but it hits the spot. The cookie is crunchy and a tad sweet, and there is just something about hot tea that tells my brain I'm finished eating.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For the days where I'm eating but still feeling hungry above and beyond what I've had I've either
    1) not had enough water so I'll get extra glasses or
    2) not had enough GOOD fats so out come the almonds or I'll use an extra dash of olive oil or peanut butter.

I don't use the lower fat / no fat items I prefer the full-fat taste and just use less of it to accomplish the same thing.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 a day just bring all my food with me to work every day. Each meal consist somewhere between 100-300 calories except dinner it usually hits 500

I eat 4 or 5 times a day so I don't get hungry. Or my tummy feels empty right before my normal feeding time.

BUT - I try to keep at my desk. Nuts, oatmeal and protein powder. Breakfast will consist of oatmeal, protein powder and skim milk and a piece of fruit. That keeps me going for a few hours then lunch is usually a huge salad with a can of tuna or 4oz of chicken or salmon. That will keep me full for hours but I still have 1/2 a protein bar before and after working out then dinner then a snack before bed. Snack could be more protein powder and milk or I might splurge on cookies and milk. Or it can even be some fruit.

Having something with a balance of good carbs and high protein will keep you full
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love raw almonds, they keep me very full. Also cut up carrots and celery (not as filling but less calories), I love my light yogurt, string cheese. You have to find something you like that satisfies you, not what satisfies others... I do recommend almonds though :)
  • missheartme
    missheartme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals religiously too. I have an eating schedule - 15 minutes before my meal, I will have a large glass of water with a fiber supplement (like Metamucil). The water and fiber make my feel fuller before I eat my meals.

For snacks, I snack on Frosted Mini Wheats (I never eat more than a cup a day), carrots, snap peas, broccolli or homemade Kale chips (Kale is high in iron and fiber).
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Market Pantry (Target) microwave popcorn 94% fat free butter. The entire bag = 90 calories. Really fills me up.
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I keep reduced-fat string cheese (8 grams of protein!), carrots, and greek yogurt in the fridge at work. I also keep not-roasted or salted whole almonds in my office and bring apples and bananas. The only thing about the almonds is that there are 160 cals in 28 nuts, so I try and keep it to 14 almonds to control portion size.. thats still 80 cals! I used to keep 100-cal pack snacks, but they aren't as filling and only provide carbs!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Add me and check out my diary. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast and have a snack 2 hrs later. Either a fruit, veggie & yogurt smoothie I make, some almonds or trail mix. I have another snack in between lunch and the time I'm off as well.
  • shawny519
    shawny519 Posts: 20
    Options
    My diary open also.
  • kelliebug2421
    Options
    they are also really high in fat.... so you shouldnt eat too many of them
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Alright stop reading post because this will clearly be the best one lol

whats been getting me by is these fat free pizzas i've been making at home
    Fat free motzerella cheese from kraft 1/4 cups 45 calories
    Flatout light wraps with 9 grams of fiber and only 90 calories
    and then whatever you desire, my favorite is Italian seasoning, roasted garlic, olives, mushrooms, spinach, onions, green peppers and cherry tomatoes. (i hit up the farmers market ALOT)

other then this i usually stick to skinny caramel macciatos, okios yogurt (at 90 cal), healthy choice country veggie soup, cheese sticks light (50 calories)
    homemade air popped popcorn
    and best of all is the edy's fruit bars!
    best of luck to you and i hope you try the pizza
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 6 200 cal meals a day...its tricked my mind into thinking I'm eating ALL day but I'm eating within my cal limits and I have to make each mini meal count nutritionally. The mornings I opt for oatmeal and I incorporate alot of veggies and fruit threw out the day. I find keeping busy helps and if you just ate and you think your hungry..drink water...you may just be thirsty.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My everyday foods are: egg whites, hot oatbran cereal, lots of fruit and veggies, fish of any kind, chicken, chobani, parmason cheese to add flavor.

My low cal, low fat treats/have to really taste good stuff: International coffees de-caf sugar free mocha, light reddi whip on strawberries, apple or pear microwaved with spices (and whip on top), Fresca, a really good piece of dark chocolate.

Between meal fill me up so I don't overeat later foods: apples, carrots, celery with peanut butter, nuts.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I always have a banana for my morning snack. I eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal in the morning with skim milk. It's sweet and full of protein. I alternate between coffee and green tea in the mornings as well. Depends on what I'm in the mood for.

I usually have leftovers for lunch, then eat a gala apple for a snack in the afternoon or Trader Joe's 94% fat free popcorn. One bag is only 130 calories and popcorn is good for you and filling.

I also try to drink as much water as possible. I drink almost my whole 80 oz at work. Then I don't drink any at home which is awful, I know.

My diary is open if you want to browse through it. Even though my lunch changes every day, my snacks and breakfast are pretty constant during the week.