Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get up before 6....
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    That is what I TRY to do! My favorite time to work out, no doubt.

I think mostly it mentally prepares me for the day. I feel my metabolism is higher, I'm energetic, and I make better food choices because I don't want to ruin what I just woke up so early to do! And...it's "out of the way". Otherwise, I will come up with a lot of excuses why I can't go after work.

Lately, I've been having a horrible time getting to sleep and haven't been able to do the 530 am thing. But...hoping to get back to it next week!
  • tullygirl999
    Options
    Hi Britt,
    I get up at 4:20am Mon - Fri and hit the gym by 5am (live only 5 mins away) workout 50mins cardio, 10mins weights then out and back home by 6am, shower, dress, and out the door by 7am to get to work. It was hard at first, but after 1 day, I had SO much energy! I am now hooked on the morning.
    I use to workout at night and would feel SO tired the next day.
    My advice is to stick with it!!! It will get better.
    Deb
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    I AM UP AT 5:00AM AND FOUND LIKE OTHERS SAID I SET EVERYTHING UP THE NIGHT BEFORE. IF YOU DRINK COFFIE THAN SET THE TIMER TO START ON AUTO SO IT IS READY. ALSO I USE MY PHONE AS MY ALARM CLOCK AND AT FIRST HAD TO PUT IT ACROSSED THE ROOM ON THE WORKOTU GEAR I SET OUT SO I HAVE TO GET UP TO TURN IT OFF.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 to get ready for work, but like you I've been realizing that if I want to get that extra little bit of exercise in I need to do it before my day really starts. I've been working on getting up at 4:15 and getting 15 minutes of either the stationary bike or a mile of Leslie Sansone in in the morning before my shower. I go back to work tomorrow so my cunning plan is to start it tomorrow. Hope that it works. Because I hear from everyone how great you feel when you get that exercise in in the morning :) So keep trying to get up and get it in cuz it can't be bad!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I get up around 4:45. Transfer the laundry, feed the dogs, let the dogs out, drink some water, get my shoes on & (hopefully) I'm going by 5:15. It takes getting used to, but once you get in the habit it will feel SO GOOD to have it done. It isn't hanging over your head all day & it gets your endorphins pumping.
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    I get up at 5 every morning. I have to wake my kids up at 6 so if i want my morning cup of coffee and my a.m. yoga practice I better get up!
    Plus I have always been an early riser. I think some of us are and some aren't.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    4:30 am get up
    5am leave for the gym
    5:30 at the gym working out!

In order to do this I started with just two mornings a week. I pack my gym bag with all of my work clothes, etc the night before and I have everything I need already in my car ready to go. The only thing I have to grab is my lunch which is in the fridge waiting (already in the lunchbox). I even sleep in my workout shorts! I literally get up, take care of the dogs, brush my teeth, put on deoderant, put my HRM and shoes on and walk out the door.

I always pack my lunch as soon as I get home each day so that the next day it is ready and waiting. No guess work because I cook everything and portion it into ziplock containers on Sunday. Takes about 2 minutes to pack my lunch.

I now am in such a habbit that I get up and workout 6 days a week!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 to either run or lift. On weekends its 8 am. Its tough at first but after a few weeks you get into the routine. Spring break threw me off mine so monday i'm committed again...wanna support each other at our morning work outs?
  • damie79
    damie79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For all of you who get up this early to work out, do you mind posting what time you go to bed? thanks! :)
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm in awe! Your all amazing!
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Haha back when I used to do those I would actually just go to sleep in my workout clothes so I could wake up and put on shoes and go. Why not, right?
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually work out in the morning.. I haven't been able to this week because I'm sick!

I love getting a workout done in the morning because sometimes if I wait until after work, I'm not in the mood to, or other things come up that I have to do instead. So when I get it done in the morning, my day is set and I feel awesome and energized.

I make sure I have my gym bag packed and ready to go. Or, I gather my workout clothes, my mat and weights with the DVD I am going to work out to.. less time to waste or make up excuses as to why I can't workout.

If I wake up early, I make sure I go to bed at a decent hour. If I wake up at 5:30, then I try to be in bed by 10-10:30pm. I need sleep and sleep likes me!
  • trainsweatgrow
    Options
    I set the alarm every week day for 5:45AM. A huge part of choosing to get out of bed is psychological. Once you train your mind to know it's not an option, you get your workout done and feel more energized than you would rolling out of bed an hour later.

I schedule workouts like appointments at the office. It's on my calendar like a part of my workday. If I don't show up @ work, I get fired. It's the same deal.

Weekends, I don't get up as early, but carve out time to train before the day gets rolling. Maybe 8am or so.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Depending on my schedule, I get up between 430-515 to work out so I can be ready to get my daughter and myself out the door by 730. I dont enjoy getting up that early, but I know that by the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is workout, so i have to do it early. I have been doing this for years. Thats what works for me!!!
    Try going to bed by 10 and getting up at 530. Once you get used to it, it will be no different then getting up at 7!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i get up @ 4:50am for bootcamp at 5:30 am. U have to plan ahead of time and leave everything ready the night before
    workout clothes
    breakfast
    pack lunch
    work clothes, etc

my trick is i drink a TON of water before bed (usually by 10:30pm), as much as I can and when the alarm goes off (sometimes before) I HAVE to go to the bathroom! hahaha
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Also I have my alarm clock across the room so snoozing is not an option. Workout clothes are laid out on the dresser.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I don't get up that early. I get up at 6 or 6:30 though often for working out.

The thing that gets me out of bed is - i say to myself when I don't want to "i will never regret having gotten up and worked out. I will regret sleeping in."

I also don't do it every day. Sometimes i enjoy sleeping in.... til 8 or 9! LOL, why is that sleeping in anymore?!

I try to go to sleep at least a couple times a week by 10:30 too. That helps. A lot easier to get up than if I go to sleep at midnight!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:55 or 5:00am each morning to work out. I dont have kids that I live with... I have parents I live with until I get married (since we arent moving in together until we get married) :) I want to be out of their way, and they need to be out of mine- lol. Anyway... my motivation at 5:00 is that I set my alarm at night and when I honestly feel too tired to get up or feel like "I could use that extra sleep" I pinch my fat... I know that probably sounds gross but it's true.. Then I say to myself "this isn't going to come off by laying here sleeping that extra 30 minutes... but getting on my stationary bike will help!"

Good luck to you!!