Stressed out!!!

Okay, I go in to LASIK tomorrow morning and I am stress eating!!!!
I don't like people getting close to my face in the first place let alone zapping me with a laser!!!
To top it off they are totally unorganized and unprofessional....and they are being a pain about payment, I have a special fund set aside for this surgery and I have to wait for insurance to go through til they'll give me the money.

Also, the-wedding-that-never-was, still no resolution and I am starting to doubt! That is horrible I know but I am so tired of never knowing. It's my bloody wedding for heavens sake you would think that I would at least have some clue!

This week is crazy busy with guest dancers staying at our place, surgery, family reunion, and a tattoo on friday....I am completely freaking out in a major way....My workouts and diet are gonna get all jumbled around and screwy!!!!

I went over 100+ calories today.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Okay, I go in to LASIK tomorrow morning and I am stress eating!!!!
    I don't like people getting close to my face in the first place let alone zapping me with a laser!!!
    To top it off they are totally unorganized and unprofessional....and they are being a pain about payment, I have a special fund set aside for this surgery and I have to wait for insurance to go through til they'll give me the money.

Also, the-wedding-that-never-was, still no resolution and I am starting to doubt! That is horrible I know but I am so tired of never knowing. It's my bloody wedding for heavens sake you would think that I would at least have some clue!

This week is crazy busy with guest dancers staying at our place, surgery, family reunion, and a tattoo on friday....I am completely freaking out in a major way....My workouts and diet are gonna get all jumbled around and screwy!!!!

I went over 100+ calories today.
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    I can totally relate! But don't let it get you down! I know 100 cal seems like a lot... but if you take a few deep breaths, meditate on the good things that are happening in life... the rest won't seem as bad.
    As far as the totally unprofessional Lasik people, I'd tell them to go to heck in a hand basket and go find a different company. Their number one priority should be you, the customer... if they can't even do that right then they don't deserve your business.

Falling off the wagon, even a little bit or a lot, is part of life. We all have our moments, but looking on the bright side... we can always climb back on. Especially here, with this great community around us on MFP.

Good luck! Don't be too hard on yourself!
  • ChubbyBunny
    You are so sweet.

I am not sure if it's the doc or just his billing staff that needs kicked in the head....and I've always been up for that challenge....It just makes me so mad that they are acting like....Walmart (no offense to anyone who works there, shops there....I spend a lot of money there....just the rush in rush out mentality.)

I am hoping not to fall off too bad, I just got back on 2 weeks ago.....and my fiance gets out of training in 2 weeks, so I want to have had some progress.
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    I think the biggest progress any of us can make is first in our minds and then in our bodies! To change the reasons of wanting to look "good" to wanting to be the healthiest we can be.... the "good" body follows with that.
    If we don't start of with the right reasons in the first place it's easy to get discouraged... when we don't start fitting into that size___ whatever.
    But if we start with the small goals of, "hey, I want to be able to walk a mile in under__" or "I want my blood pressure to be under ___"

For me... I want to be able to be able to chase my kids around, play some soccer, run with the dog, without dying(figuratively) after the first 5 minutes.

Being on here is the first sign that changing the way we look at food and our bodies has become the focus and not how the world views us!

ChubbyBunny
    I hope everything works out for you though. Try not to get discouraged. We all learn the same way, line upon line, precept on precept.
    We all lose the same way too. One pound, by one pound... Eventually we'll all get there.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    i'm on my way to bed girlie...but wanted to say good luck tomorrow. You'll be fine, a million people I know have had it done and are thrilled. Scary, but you'll come out happy and fine. YEY YOU! Let us know how it goes!

:flowerforyou:
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    How did the lasik go?? Its been a year for me and my sight has gotten to be awsome. Do freak out when your eyes seem cloudy at times it will clear up. Do not rub them!!! It only make it worse. Its really cool to see the stars and look at the moon without glasses. Everything seem to be better.

Thanks Josh:bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Going in about 10 minutes for surgery.....soooo nervous!
    i will drop a note when I can refocus.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ouch....okay I am not really a sissy...but dang that sucked! I got a big ol bruise on my eye ball from one of the devices they stick in there....I only snarled at the doctor once and only wanted to bite him 2 times....

i can see though, hoping it keeps improving though,.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Also, haven't logged anything since breakfast......it's not pretty today. Ugh.