Running Shoes AHHHHHH

Options
2»

Replies

• misssuperstitious
    Options
    BUT don't buy without at leat trying Asics Gel Kayano 16's or 17's.

Ha! That's what I just bought today.

After my trained professional concluded those were the best fit on my feet. :wink:

I bought these a couple of weeks ago too!! (yes, yes, after being properly fitted and all)
    I feel like my feet are being hugged as I'm running, they are so comfy!
    HAHAHA, that's why I love them too! My knees and feet were a train wreck before I found these shoes!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am a running shoe "expert"... (and I sell a ton of them for a living)

Nike Shox, not a good idea for ankle stability and Nike is trying to get out of the Shox business for runners, so they don't work as well or last as long as they have in the past, Lunaracer: great shoes, but with as much training as it sounds like you're doing you will wear them out quickly. Brooks: great for the width, not necesarily awesome for the flat feet, and also, their durabilty has really gone downhill over the last few years...

Asics: always more expensive, but it's because they don't mess with the product line, just update the color packages. These are meant for high hard mileage and while more expensive, they almost always pay your body back in dividends, and I have the least amount of dissatisfaction with these compared to the others you've mentioned.

Also lookup coupons for champssports.com, they offer free shipping to your local store, so you can try them on and make sure you like them before you get them home, or we can handle the exchange/refund directly at the store... Then you can get more input also as to the performace factor...

In at least some types of shoes, Asics has a high-end and then a more budget-friendly option. I wear the Asics GT-2160, but they also make the GT-1160 which is about $30 or $40 less in price. Do you know if they do this in all the types of shoes they sell, or is it just this one stability shoe?

as far as the 1160 v2160... look at the bottom of the shoes... the 1150 is a flimsy cheesy stability plate in the arch, while the 2150 has a much more solid acrylic anti torsion arch support. Also the 2160 will have a much heavier duty gel midsole through the length of the foot, where as the comfy stuff is really only prominent in the heel of the 1160. Main diff: mileage. And 1160 is the lowest price point I would recommend for ANY asics style, and if the name starts with a 'k' your good except fot the 'kanbarra' which is a super cheap not good shoe!