Calories remaining

Options
From the past five days, I have a total of 952 calories remaining. Can I add those to tomorrow's daily total or is that not allowed?

I won't be going to the gym tomorrow, and I'll be having a takeaway in the evening, so I need all the extra calories I can have to add to my daily total of 1,200 cals!

Thank you:)

Replies

• britlew
    britlew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    nope they are gone the next day
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    i have read that you can "bank" your unused calories.... not sure what is right though. You hear so many different things!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. I don't think you can 'save' calories but in the end it can balance out. Some people zig zag their calorie consumption. Low on some days, high on other days.

Even one evening will not hurt you (but the sodium will show an increase on the scale the next morning and possibly a couple of days after so be ready for that. But it will only be water weight).
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You could get away with some of them as your deficit for the week has been larger than your goal, but the body doesn't work like perfect math, and eating all of them may more than offset. You could get away with eating more than the 1200, but def not the full amount.
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes bit only a few hundred a day or two before to make allowances for weekend drinks.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes.... according to the diet club I'm a member of.... (Rosemary Conley UK)....

Where we're given an allowance for treats every day, which you can bank for a special occasion in that week... can't carry them over to the following week.

And I've been told off by the for not eating them back, as she said that under-eating your weekly allowance by a large amount for a couple weeks or more, will slow your metabolism/weight loss down - which it did for a couple of weeks....

So, I say enjoy allow yourself a treat tomorrow.