my niece told me about this site

Options
Hi, I just signed up today because my niece told me about this site. Looking to be stronger and tone up and get rid of back pain. Ready a post by Carl1738 - thanks for the suggestion of pullups. Have a goal of losing 40 - 50 pounds but will be going slow. Would like any and all suggestions of way that I can achieve this goal.....only problem I have is I am a receptionist working 40 hours a week and sitting all..............all day long. Thanks,

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I work two jobs, and they are both desk jobs. Fortunately, I can get up and do laps around the office at one of them. There are other exercises you can find to do at your desk if you are able to. Or you can walk on your lunch break or something like that. Easy ways to fit in some movement.
    Good luck on your journey =).
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin!
    Welcome to MFP =)
    Our goal weight amount seems to be very close
    I also sit for 8/hrs 5 days/wk ;(
    But we can & will do this!!
    Add me if you'd like
    Have a good week-end!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I also spend all day sitting at a desk on the phone! I have a 5 lb weight in my office and try and do some arm and shoulder exercises to keep moving. A resistance band is another easy thing you can stash in a drawer for some easy exercise! Good luck to you!