No weight loss this week (week 2) - Frustrated!!

Options
2»

Replies

• beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had to re-vamp my idea of success during the first few weeks. Instead of weight loss being the goal, I made working out on a daily basis my goal (among other things). Here's my reasoning:
    First - I know that during those first few weeks, I won't really lose a ton of weight. My body is changing, converting fat to muscle, and getting ready for this new way of life.
    Second - I have direct control over whether or not I exercise. If I do it, it's a success! If I don't, my fault. There is no way to muddle this up. I either do it or I don't.
    Third - Weight loss WILL happen if I adopt healthy lifestyle changes. Just not necessarily at the pace I would like it to happen.

I guess the short of it is weight loss will fluxuate. Some weeks you'll lose, some weeks you'll gain, some weeks, nothing. I've been doing MFP for about a month now, and I've only lost about 3 pounds. I took a bunch of other measurements when I began, and re-checked those at the end of the first month. I've lost a combined total of 6.5 inches! WHOA! Who cares if the weight loss is only 3 pounds. I've shrunk!

You can do it!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose much weight for the first 3 weeks believe it or not! maybe 0.4lbs a week at most! I thought it was because I wasnt exercising as much as everyone else on here (I go swimming twice a week if I can, and walk whenever I have free time - which isnt all that often) but Ive been here now about 5 weeks going onto 6 weeks and have lost over 10lbs since joining which has averaged itself out to 2lbs a week because the last 3 weeks Ive been losing bigger numbers!

I guess your body will decide when it wants to let go of the weight - the other thing is water, I never used to drink any - I still dont drink the 8 glasses a day but try and have at least 2 in the morning and 2 before bed which really helps!

Also, if you aren't already - I weigh myself in the morning as soon as I have got up and been to the bathroom, I dont eat before a weigh in either.

You will notice the numbers falling as the weeks go on your body just needs a bit more time to adjust that you are determined to lose the weight for good this time, and no longer going on crash diets!
  • jptsr1
    jptsr1 Posts: 2
    Options
    may sound like phony fitness trainer talk but "its a marathon not a sprint". dont let the first few weeks get you down. changing your habits in terms of fitness is a very hard thing to do, especially when you dont get immediate gratification. if you stick to a good plan you will see results.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Decrease your sodium (you don't want to see this in red) and increase your water to about 3 liters a day.
  • SpydaChick
    Options
    Don't focus on the pounds girly. If you keep active and do what you've been doing your body will change. You didn't gain weight overnight.. you're sure not gonna lose it quickly (even though we wish we could) You know I love ya and I'm cheering you on! You had a good accomplishment this week.. you said your Zumba class wasn't quite as hard as it was the first time. Definitely focus on that. I try to focus on how much my resistance changes or inclines depending on what I'm doing. Next week is gonna be a good one for ya.. I can feel it. And if it's not then I'm sure you're going to accomplish something else new. :)

And like I told you earlier. I gained 5lbs my first 2 weeks and I was working out 5 days a week an hour a day and eating great. By week 4 and 5 I had lost 10lbs so it will come I promise. There's no way you're not going to lose weight and get healthier if you keep up what you're doing!! You rock!