Do you think this is right?

Options
So I joined a local gym 1 week ago. Only lost 2 pounds, but for some reason, my jeans are actually tighter then they were last week. Anyone know why?

Replies

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i actually had the same problem at first not really sure as to why but just wanted you to know keep on going your pants will get looser soon : )
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My pants are tighter too......I'm gonna blame it on the dryer LOL
  • ashjaykadee1
    Options

LOL love it
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bloated? TOM? Too much sodium in your diet? Make sure you are drinking plenty of water!
  • amwells82
    amwells82 Posts: 12
    Options
    Could be that your gaining muscle, although I don't know how much in one week!! Just keep going is all that matters:)
  • Isa25
    Isa25 Posts: 46
    Options

Ha, I do the same thing. :tongue:
  • ashjaykadee1
    Options
    So I joined a local gym 1 week ago. Only lost 2 pounds, but for some reason, my jeans are actually tighter then they were last week. Anyone know why?

Depends on what your doing at the gym, you could be gaining muscle tone
  • steffystef
    steffystef Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOL.. i do too! Always blame it on the dryer.. Had you previously washed them?
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Ur probably building muscle. Give it some time and u will drop those inches!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Depends on what your doing at the gym, you could be gaining muscle tone

you dont gain muscle in a week,or so I am told
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sorry but it's not muscle in one week. Let's go with bloating.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I have the same problem when I first start exercising. My totally-non-scientifically-based-theory is that there's some sort of bloating happening due to sodium or water retention or lactic acid or something. It usually goes away pretty quickly, though. As long as you're drinking lots of water, eating right, and not eating too much sodium/carbs you'll probably be fine. :smile:

And yeah, I'm gonna put in my vote and say it probably isn't muscle already. Sorry.
  • imgettinphat
    Options
    Just keep going. I have to tell myself this numerous times a day. I am justtt starting as well. Do you know how long it took me to figure out what TOM was. I knew it was a females cycle but I thought it was just someone's name for it lol. Wow.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Probably your muscles retaining water from starting a new work out routine.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Bloated? TOM? Too much sodium in your diet? Make sure you are drinking plenty of water!

Those were my thoughts also. Try to drink a lot of water!