Help! Right amount of Calories but too much protein, carbs,

Step7837
Step7837 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
:mad:
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me and also answer the same question for someone else. I have been off and on placing my calories and workouts on this site and I find it really helpful.

But...

I get my calories in to sustain my 1200 a day plus my workouts (cardio and/or strength 5 days a week/1 hr per day) . At the end of the day i am almost always over in protein, sugars and fats. Occasionally carbs. I know this is affecting my weight loss.....

Soooo...

How do I get enough calories in without going over board in the other areas? Is too much protein bad? How can enough calories but too much of the other stuff affect my weight loss and exersise?

Hope someone can answer all these for me! Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    I have the same problem. hope someone can help
  • Sorry if someone answers before me. :)

Anyway, protein is GOOD. Protein is what helps build muscle and repair tissue. There is no reason to worry if you go over the suggested amount of protein by a little.

As for carbs, try having a max of 3 servings coming from whole grains. The rest should be from fruit (about 2-3 servings a day) and vegetables. Sugars are carbs, so a way to reduce sugar is by replacing it with natural sweeteners like truvia, honey or agave. And, of course fruit.

As for fats, I try to stay within the recommended amount. Avoid fats from dairy. Instead, get all the fats from avocado, olives, nuts and seeds.

I can't see your diary, hon, so I can't make recommendations on where you might be able to change. :)
This discussion has been closed.