3 Miles!!!!

Options
mamahafner
mamahafner Posts: 38 Member
Well folks I did it! I finally ran/jogged 3 miles for the very first time today. I took one 2 minute break to stretch and drink some water but other then that it took me 40 minutes to run! I feel on top of the world today! I feel like I can do anything and I had a huge breakthrough today! I feel amazing, very tired but amazing! Wow! Go me!!

Replies

• gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    Awesome! I hope to be doing that soon!
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    Good for you and not a bad time at all for your first 3 mile run. I love running. Keep up the good work
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    nice
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congrats! I can't wait until the day that I'm able to say I can do that. :smile:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Nice job
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    well done that really great, give yourself a pat on the back x
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome. That is a real milestone. After you get to where you can do an "out-the-door" three mile run, you really reach a new level of fitness and are capable of attacking much longer runs. I also think this is when running becomes fun rather than a chore.

Congrats!!! and good luck as you continue to run.

--Carter
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well folks I did it! I finally ran/jogged 3 miles for the very first time today. I took one 2 minute break to stretch and drink some water but other then that it took me 40 minutes to run! I feel on top of the world today! I feel like I can do anything and I had a huge breakthrough today! I feel amazing, very tired but amazing! Wow! Go me!!

you're ready for your first 5K
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mamahafner
    mamahafner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The 5k is my goal for next Sunday. I wanted to make sure I did 3 miles before the race so when I get tired durring the race I can't say that I can't do it because I already have. : ) I feel on top of the world. This is a huge step for me. I have never really believed in myself and now that I have accomplished the 3 miles I know that I can do anything! Again something I have never done. I have never felt so amazing about myself and I can't even express how happy I am with my accomplishments. I could cry I am so proud of myself. Thank you all for your support. : )
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done:flowerforyou:
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    Congrats! I'm new to jogging, but I LOVE IT!! You could day I'm ADDICTED! I jogged my first 3 mile run last month and can't believe THIS body can do THAT! Who knew this would become fun?
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo ! Congrats ! I am trying to do that as well.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm not there yet but hoping to post something similar in a few weeks :) Keep it up!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Wow, yeah, go you!!!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Wow, yeah, go you!!!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Wow, yeah, go you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!