Upping your calories

13»

Replies

• I agree it felt weird. I'm about 8 lbs away from my goal weight and I switched my calorie intake to "substain" my weight because I think I was burning more with my workouts that I was logging AND I think because I wasn't eating very much my body was holding on to the weight. I have an amazing amount of freedom now with food and its taken A LOT of stress off which I believe will result in these last few pounds coming off faster this route than the smaller calorie count :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    So when I posted this I was 139.3lbs and I am NOT complaining but weighed today and I am 137.1! How is that possible...again not a complaint :wink: On March 22nd I upped my calories and changed my goal to .5lbs a week. When I go to my weight loss for the last 7 days it says I lost 2.2lbs. I guess I am still averaging 1lb a week even if I am still set to .5lbs.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    For a couple months, I was trying to get 1000 net (I knew it was too low, but I just couldn't eat that much!). For about a month, I went up to 1200 net. This week, I'm around 1350 net, and I think I found the happy number - my scale is moving again.
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    OK, I had not lost any weight in a month with calorie set at losing 1lb per week. Changed to 0.5lb per week two weeks ago and have lost 3lb since then. So, yes eating a bit more seems to help when you are in the normal BMI range.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    So when I posted this I was 139.3lbs and I am NOT complaining but weighed today and I am 137.1! How is that possible...again not a complaint :wink: On March 22nd I upped my calories and changed my goal to .5lbs a week. When I go to my weight loss for the last 7 days it says I lost 2.2lbs. I guess I am still averaging 1lb a week even if I am still set to .5lbs.

I am now down to 136.2lbs! I a guessing the upping of calories is working a lot better. I only have 6.2lbs to go! Very, very excited!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member

I am now down to 136.2lbs! I a guessing the upping of calories is working a lot better. I only have 6.2lbs to go! Very, very excited!

That's awesome! Great progress :wink:
This discussion has been closed.