question about eggs & their calories

Options
I usually will have eggs in the morning.. sometimes i will eat the whole egg which is about 70 cals but other days when I want to limit my calorie intake i will take out the yolk and just cook egg whites.. I know everyone says there are 17 calories per egg white.. but is this what i should be logging?? bc im always scared that theres some of the yolk in the eggwhite so it would be moree calories right?? I dont see any yellow but idk.. what do you guys do??

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites only in my egg scrambles or omelets. I HATE egg beaters as I think they taste disgusting, so I actually separate them myself. I do my best to have only the white in the bowl before beating them with spices...but even if I accidentally splash a teeny bit of yolk down in the bowl, I just count it as an egg white.
  • andrea10191
    andrea10191 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you don't see any of the yolk mixed in you're probably ok doing just the 17 calories. You could try buying a carton of egg whites to use on the days you want to cut back. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the yolks.