To eat or not to eat

Options
should I be eating my excersize calories? If I don't will my body go into starvation mode?

Replies

• randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Som say you should, some say no...IDK!! There is no way I can always eat back to 1200... I just can't!
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i dont , i do some tiems think of them as a buffer, which i rarelly need, as i have enought trouble getting to 1200
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I seriously don't understand how people have trouble getting to 1200. That's just not that much to me, lol.

If you do a search, you will find some really good, and some really long, discussions about this.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I have no prob getting to 1200 alone, but I have a problem getting to 1200 net when I have burned 800 cals or more.
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you have a little to lose then I would say eat some of them. If you have a LOT to lose then I would say NO! Because it defeats the purpose of burning off the calories anyway.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I seriously don't understand how people have trouble getting to 1200. That's just not that much to me, lol
    I know! I'm at 2000, and I swear I could eat double that. At least today I could. :tongue:
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Personally I've never eaten a lot, so I have had trouble just getting up to 1200 but I'm currently trying to fix that cause I started going into starvation mode. That's why I want to know wether or not I need to eat my extra calories so I'm not still shutting my metabolism down by under eating by way of excersizing off my calories.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Personally I've never eaten a lot, so I have had trouble just getting up to 1200 but I'm currently trying to fix that cause I started going into starvation mode. That's why I want to know wether or not I need to eat my extra calories so I'm not still shutting my metabolism down by under eating by way of excersizing off my calories.
    If you've not been eating enough and are trying to eat more, do it gradually. I've heard the recommendation of increasing by 100 calories a day and sticking to that for a week or two, and then increasing another 100 calories, repeating that until you get to where you want to be. I'm no expert on this, as I've never had a problem with undereating. Left to my own devices, I could out-eat just about anybody, I swear.
  • fairyjester
    Options
    well when i eat good food it seems i am less hungry. now if i eat junk i tend to eat and eat.
    i have been trying to stick the occasionally random adkins bar in but, but like a day like today where we are busy, coupled with not hungry just dont think to have that extra

kinda like what we tell clients when we get them on better food and they worry about fido not eating as much as he used to ,. the nutrition is better so he does not need as much. lol