Frozen Grapes

Options
Wow, I am 68 years old and I just had my first frozen grapes. Learned about them through the sharing on MFP and I am a convert. They were wonderful and very refreshing. So, just so you all know: OLD DOGS CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS. The sharing on here is wonderful and so much help as we each deal with our journey toward better health. Thanks for the sharing.

Replies

• cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes? really? do you cut them up before you freeze them ?
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    Well I'm 30 and heading into the kitchen to freeze some grapes now! I've never had a frozen grape either...Thanks for posting about how good they are!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Try using them in drinks as ice they are wonderful and even better since you can eat them once your drink is gone... I love frozen grapes
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Nope, I wash them, put them in a zip-loc bag and freeze them whole. They are little spheres of sorbet and I love them so much.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are amazing <3
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    ooooo hurts my teeth just thinking about it... maybe not for me... :noway:
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love these! I discovered these when i was preggo with my son.
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    Nope, actually pretty simple. I looked up ways to do it on Google and it was pretty easy. I just washed the grapes very well then seperated the grapes from the stems. Make sure the grapes are all dry. I put them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels and then let them rest awhile. Put 1 cup of grapes in individual plastic sandwich bags then put those in a gallon freezer bag. Tossed them in the freezer for a couple of days and had my first one tonight. Good luck if you try it. Oh, leave the grapes whole. I used Green ones this time as they were on sale, but some articles said the red ones had my flavor. Some suggested mixing the two. Have fun with it. I think kids might really like it also as a treat.
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    OMG I absolutely LOVE greats !! I'm going to buy grapes tomorrow and try this !
  • gr3g08
    gr3g08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes are delicious! particularly red ones. Also, as a cheeky treat, they are great as ice cubes in a chilled glass of white wine on a hot day, and make a yummy snack when the wine is finished :)
  • Heather75
    Options
    gaterbear, I wash them, dry them in the most half-arsed manner possible and shove them in bags, stems and all. It is so easy!
  • Heather75
    Options
    They are also amazing if you eat them after about 2 hours. Kind of slushy...
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    gaterbear, I wash them, dry them in the most half-arsed manner possible and shove them in bags, stems and all. It is so easy!
    I am sure I might have overdone the preparation but the primary thing stressed by my "research" was to be sure they were dry. I am sure I iwll be more "half-arsed" (LOL) in the future. They were definitly worth the small effort.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I know. They are my new favourite thing. We can be grape buddies!
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know. They are my new favourite thing. We can be grape buddies!
    I spit my water @ the computer for crying out loud!:laugh:
  • Heather75
    Options
    :smile:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Frozen grapes are a delicious treat. Sliced frozen bananas are awesome as well.
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One of my friends turned me onto these (and frozen canteloupe! YUM!) they are sooo good!

edit: I pick mine off the stems, wash, and dry them first.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I am eating frozen grapes RIGHT NOW!