I just started and put in today's food!

Options
julesaz
julesaz Posts: 12 Member
What an eye opener! I had a crazy day calorically and this website really helped me see it (I think many of my days are like this). I added MFP to my phone and I am going to log my food in to keep better track of what goes into my mouth. Yikes!

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing for opening ur eyes to how much u actually consume. Just simply tracking what u eat is a huge start to becoming healthier!
  • biceptor
    biceptor Posts: 18
    Options
    i agree. it's also nice to see how many calories you really burn when you go to the gym or go on a run!
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Can I see your food diary?
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    Can I see your food diary?

Yes please :)
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Yea I love being able to scan the barcodes with my Android, so convenient.
  • lizhipwell
    Options
    I gotta tell you...I am on day 32 and I am already seeing results. It's amazing to be finally conscious of what I am eating. I recommend that you stick to it. It's worth it. I've lost 15 pounds so far and my fasting blood sugar has gone down from 206 four weeks ago to 114 this morning. I am so grateful for this site. It really enables me to keep track of my carb intake (important to me since I was recently diagnosed with diabetes 2) and my cholesterol.
    Good for you for starting. I wish you all the best!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It is definitely an eye opener when you start seeing what you were taking in on a daily basis once you start keeping track. My calories probably weren't that bad before, but the sodium and sugar had to have been off the charts!

Welcome to MFP - it really is a great place!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Awesome Liz, keep it going.
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    You are on the right track!
    Its a HUGE eye opener. I tell all my friends about this site and most have FINALLY joined and they are all doing so well!
    Its an amazing tool to just stay on track and be accountable.
    I LOVE it and it has helped me soooooo much.
    Just take the time to log in daily and log your food. It WILL keep you accountable.
    Good luck!
  • NickySt
    NickySt Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you! My partner and I have been struggling to get our weight under control for years. MFP has finally given us a tool that really works. We've both lost 10 lbs in a little over a month and feel confident that this time we will both reach our goal weight and stay there! Being aware of what you are eating is key. We do not feel like we are dieting - i.e. depriving ourselves. I've been cooking many of our favorite meals, we've been going out and even having dessert! I love being able to enter a recipe and MFP helps me figure out what an appropriate portion should be, and helps me see where maybe I can adjust or substitute ingrediants to make a dish less caloric,or just more balanced. Good Luck!!
  • schoon82
    schoon82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just started today. I found the app on my itouch and decided to check out the website. My goal is to lose a lot of weight. As of right now my goal is 55 pounds, but I really want to a bit more. I'm hoping this site gives me inspiration to keep going and not backing down on my goal :)
  • Hinto
    Hinto Posts: 52
    Options
    This site is awesome, loads of good, usefull tools to keep track of what you're eating. It really is an eye opener because the food industry in North America is all about loading us up with sugar, fat and sodium. Even when you think you're doing well, you can see how it all adds up.

Plus there are a lot of cool people to help keep you motivated, one of the best features of this site. An awesome community.

Good luck in your journey!