Help! My new jeans are too big!!

Options
I needed new jeans so I bought some and a week later they're too big already! As great as this is, I hate that I spent that money for what seems like nothing. They're supposed to be line dried. Do you guys think if I throw them in the dryer they'll shrink and I can wear them longer?

Replies

• LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    dry them. i mean, they might get a little messed up, but you can't wear them anymore anyway, right? might as well give it a shot!
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    LOL just take them back and tell them they are too big...I'm mean if it was just last week...how much "wear" could you have actually put on them?
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    thats the reason I havent went shopping for new clothes haha.. Im a sahm so I guess I can do that but if I worked that would suck and be a waste :ohwell:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Do you have the receipt? Take them back. Pretend they were a gift.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Shopping at Value VIllage or other used clothing stores makes a lot of sense when we are on our weight loss journey ;o)
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    LOL just take them back and tell them they are too big...I'm mean if it was just last week...how much "wear" could you have actually put on them?

I agree, and if they are dry clean only they must be some nice Jeans. Drying them won't cure your problem, it will just ruin the fabric and make the stretch our more later. They might fit better when you first put them on after you've dried them but later they will get bigger.
    I feel your pain, I bought 2 pair of jeans about a month ago and the are at least 1 size if not 2 sizes too big. BUT a size down is too tight, I hate that in between stage, a few more lbs and I'll be good. But I bought mine at Costco so I can't complain, only $50 down for 2 pair.
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the dryer and it works just fine...can hardly take them back if they've been worn eh?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I suggest buying clothes at thrift stores while losing weight. Its my plan. I've got to go shirt shopping soon...my pants aren't quite ready to go down a size yet, but shirts definately are.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I agree, and if they are dry clean only they must be some nice Jeans.

LOL, they aren't dry clean only, they're line dry. : ) And I always buy my jeans at Ross or Marshall's so they're between $12 and $20 instead of how much they charge at other places. I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for jeans.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    On a weightloss journey- I don't suggest buying any new clothes- unless ur budget can afford it! lol Thrift stores/ good will will be your best bet! Look on Craigslist- some women on weight loss journeys have meet ups with others and swap clothes as they shrink! :) I forget what they're called but you can usually find them in the group sections. :)
  • fallenmack1989
    Options
    i've learned that the best way to shop when your losing weight is to just buy leggings, they go great under everything and they stretch so if you gain weight one week, you can still wear them, and if you lose weight one week, they will still fit.

I think you should just take the jeans back tho because if they don't fit enough to where you notice that they don't, odds are you wont be able to shrink them THAT much.
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    On a weightloss journey- I don't suggest buying any new clothes- unless ur budget can afford it! lol Thrift stores/ good will will be your best bet! Look on Craigslist- some women on weight loss journeys have meet ups with others and swap clothes as they shrink! :) I forget what they're called but you can usually find them in the group sections. :)

I went to GW when I was wearing my transition clothes.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ive learned to buy jeans a bit tight. They stretch out, then wash and dry on no heat cycle if you can (otherwise hang dry). This keeps them in that "worn to fit" place.

Since you already have them, try drying on medium. Should pull them in a bit. You'll likely have to do this for every wearing.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I put the jeans in the dryer and now they're a little bit snug. I guess they'll be goal jeans now : )
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I put the jeans in the dryer and now they're a little bit snug. I guess they'll be goal jeans now : )

at least you didn't waste money now :) ... you'll fit into them soon!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!