I've been on MFP for 3 weeks and wanted to introduce myself

Options
I come from a loud and well-fed Italian family. I have always been the athletic one, but starting at the age of 15 I had 6 different knee surgeries between both of my knees. I just had my last surgery in the summer of 2010 (6 in 15 years, UGH!). During those 15 years I have had very few periods of time to get active, because of unbearable pain (at one point before the last 2 surgeries I was barely able to walk and was told by a doctor that I was disabled). After the last two surgeries in the last year, and a lot of PT, I was given the clearance to exercise with restrictions. Now that I have that clearance, I am working very hard to strengthen my legs and take the weight I gained from total inactivity (got up to 240 lbs at my biggest and am now at around 212) to avoid further surgeries (I was told that the next surgeries I'd have would be replacements, eeecccckkk.).

Replies

• tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! It sure makes all the difference in the world to have that support system behind you, especially people who are in the same boat!
  • ToniRee
    ToniRee Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. The same to both of you. Good luck! :-)
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    welcome to MFP! just like you, i've had some fitness challenges to overcome......to include knee surgery as well! this is a great site for constant motivation and keeping yourself accountable to your own personal goals. it helps to have your diarys public so your friends on here can help make suggestions if you need some help switching things up! have fun with it and good luck to you!!