Hello hello!

Options
I just joined because a friend at work suggested we get on here to lose some weight! I follow a low-carb, paleo-style diet, so my foods and limits won't match most of what people are doing, but I am looking to support and be supported so that is what matters. I also have a blog, http://www.antihousewife.com/ where I post things that interest me and recipes I come up with (which are mostly low carb and high fat, just so you know before you check it out).
I'd love to make some more friends, especially if there is anyone else who is following a low-carb diet style as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Replies

• picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    You will be glad you joined this community. I'm working hard on eating "real" and healthy. That means I cook more than EVER b4 but I'm doing great so far. I did South Beach in 2004 and was very successful, but when I strayed - It only took 8 months or so to gain it all back....boo hoo :ohwell:
    So I'm focused on keeping it real - but yep I do watch the carbs - they are evil! :devil:
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi!! great to have you here. I don't really follow a low carb diet but you are more than welcome to add me as a friend. I have had such great support on here. I LOVE this site. I get my questions answered and I learn a lot as well. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.
  • wanda1956
    wanda1956 Posts: 110
    Options
    Hello...I am diabetic...so carbs are the enemy...well at least the empty carbs..right now I am restricting all carbs....welcome to the site and best of luck on your weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! So far things are going okay - I'm starting to get a little tougher on myself. I didn't want to go all out on the first day, since I know myself well enough to know to "wean" onto a diet. So far, so good!