Tempeh

Options
JulsDiane
JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
OK, this may be a question for the non meat eaters out there but where do I find tempeh?

Do the regular grocers carry or only health food stores? Are they in the frozen or refrigerated section?

Any direction you can give me would be wonderful, thanks.

Replies

• 30in11
    30in11 Posts: 14
    Options
    In Canada they are starting to carry tempeh (the marinated slices in a variety of flavours) in the more upscale grocery stores, so you could try those. Health food stores always have it. I use the "smokey maple" flavoured tempeh strips a lot, usually on salad, like bacon bits. (:

It's usually in the produce section with the tofu and other meat substitutes.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I have only seen it in the health food stores or a high end grocer that has lots of vegitarian things like a plum market or whole foods.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    for your local supermarket it will be in the fridge next to your tofu. you can also find it in asian groceries, also next to the tofu. health food stores sell it too but i'd rather just buy it from my supermarket as it's closer.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! That should save me a ton of time!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I recently found it in my local Meijer in a case in the produce section that had refrigerated meat substitutes, tofu, and some other things I had never seen before. I thought about getting some, but have no idea what to do with it!!!!