Celebrating an anniversary

Options
My husband and I are celebrating our first anniversary tonight. (Our actual anniversary is tomorrow.) I plan on enjoying a healthy meal at a nice restaurant with the man I love and our best friends. I've been thinking about how to deal with eating at a new restaurant (no on-line menu). I want to enjoy the meal, but I don't want to just call it a cheat day and give myself permission to eat whatever I want because I know I'd feel awful tomorrow! I've never actually DONE this, but I would think that at a very nice restaurant it would be okay to ask how something is prepared, or to request that something be made without extra oils, etc. so that I keep the number of calories under control. Any other quick suggestions? I know to request the salad dressing on the side. I walked on the treadmill at 4 mph for 30 minutes and did 15 minutes of strength training.....may squeeze in other short walk before we do. Maybe this sound goofy - but do any of you find it helpful to meditate or visualize eating healthy prior to an "event" like this?

Now that I found the RIGHT man I really want to get healthy and live a LONG time!

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I would order grilled chicken and vegies and you should be fine! I actually eat out more than I should but I have found if I stick to these then it is ok. I just realized though that I should order the vegies without butter! I was eating them going OMG! these are good why can't I cook like this at home only to find out later they had some sort of butter on them! Oh well, I was still under my cals eating it.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    where are you planning on going ? it is possible to google the name of the place, and more often than not, you can find nutritional info online..best of luck to you, and happy 1 year anniversary :) my hubby and i recently celebrated our 8th
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    It's a small local restaurant. I googled the name, but found nothing other than phone number and address. But I refuse to stress about it. I will have fish or chicken and veggies and a salad......and a nice glass of wine. I know I can't eat bread because that is my weakness and I will just keep on eating it!