Question about your experience with Android App

Options
If you use the Android app, have you noticed that the foods selection list does not have everything that is in the list you use online? Like yesterday, I needed to list an Arnold Sandwich Thin (which I use frequently and is in my recent foods list online) but it was not listed anywhere in the frequent foods list on the app on my phone. Have you had this happen?? Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way the app works? Thanks----:smile:

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The first list that pops up is your most often used, not the most recent. There is a button at the top that is recent. Then you can sort the list by most recent or A to Z so you can find it easier. I have to use the recent button a lot. ;)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I saw the "recent" button up top, and I did try it, but still it only was a partial list. :frown: I guess I will just have to keep trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your answer. :smile:
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I mainly use the app for bar coding. Love that feature!
  • sbwood888
    Options
    Barcoding??? OMG, I must be waaaay behind the times. What do you do with barcoding? I need a tutor! :laugh:
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have noticed this... Instead of "Generic- Coffee, 1 cup" (my most used breakfast item when I go online) the Android app has "Coffee- With 4 Splenda" as my most used breakfast item! I don't put splenda in my coffee, so I was like, where did this come from!? :P
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    I absolutely love the bar coding!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Barcoding??? OMG, I must be waaaay behind the times. What do you do with barcoding? I need a tutor! :laugh:
    When you add a food item, there is a little bar code next to the text box. Push that and you are then able to scan a barcode on your item, which makes it easier to find the product on MFP.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Though I will say that sometimes the wrong product pops up. Not sure what that's all about.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I am reasonably impressed with the Android app .... but it doesn't have the 'friends' part like the iPhone/iPod app does, nowhere to read your newsfeed or update your status!!

Bring on the update!! :o)
  • sbwood888
    Options
    just wanted to bump this up so it will be seen again in case anyone else had any helpful tips for this old antiquated Android newbie. :laugh:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I love the Android app but a lot of times I have to manually close out of it and reopen in order to sync it with what I entered online. I probably do 75% of my food logging from my phone and 25% from a computer so it can get annoying!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I love the Android app but a lot of times I have to manually close out of it and reopen in order to sync it with what I entered online. I probably do 75% of my food logging from my phone and 25% from a computer so it can get annoying!

If you click on the 'more' arrow (far right at the top) and then click on "all local changes synced" and then "sync now" it re-syncs is for you!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just a matter of knowing how to look for it. If you ever notice, sometimes it shows up differently than it does online, but it's the same thing. The biggest thing that urks me is when I scan a bottle of salad dressing and it comes up as fudge brownies. lol

Mike seems to be able to do a great job with getting all of the apps updated. I wish the Android app had some of the functionality the iPod/iPhone app has with the feeds and such, but I'm sure he's working on it. The Crackberry app seems decent too and will likely evolve into a much better app over time.

The biggest thing with the app, is that I have it no matter where I go. So even if I just pick something to be a placeholder, it helps. Then I can come home and get on the PC and get everything updated properly if needed.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If you don't already have a barcode reader on your phone there are plenty available in the Android market (I have Google goggles which works for mine).

I notice that a lot of the things I barcode are not found or are sometimes just plain wrong, though.

As far as recent foods, I have had the same issue and just thought that maybe it was recent foods that I have used from the app only, not including online (I do probably 20% phone logging ad 80% via the web).