Weight Loss Buddy?

Options
Hello,

Is anyone interested in teaming up to lose 12 pounds by September 1st?

That gives us 42 days, only 6 weeks..a completely healthy track to weight loss

My current stats are:

H 5'4
CW 122
GW 107
HW 124
LW 107

Anyone interested? I need love and support. Thanks!
-Jess

Replies

• key86
    key86 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello,

My current stats are:

H 5'4
    CW 122
    GW 107
    HW 124
    LW 107

-Jess
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Your goal weight puts you at a BMI which is considered underweight. You may want to re-evaluate your weight loss goals! 122 for your height is not only a healthy BMI but is considered an ideal one.
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im In!!! I need a few more pounds off my belly.

Height 5'10"
    Start weight 210lbs
    Current weight 185lbs
    goal weight 160 lbs

This is a great goal. I wont have to kill myself trying to lose all my weight at one time... -12lbs will put me at 173lbs. We will have to lose 2lbs a week. It might be tough. I have seem to have hit a block. I have not lost or gained for the last three weeks. Maybe this will drive me forward?

We can start to Run:happy: Josh Oly
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    yeah, Jessie, that's too low!! You're doing great as you are!
  • olyjok
    Options
    I think it is not all based on the bmi!!!! It really depends on your frame..... Nothing wrong with tone.. Just don't get to skinny people don't like the bones.

:wink:
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm in! :happy: This will help me get a little more motivated. :glasses:

Currents Stats:
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 143
    Goal: 130-133
  • key86
    Options
    Thanks for all your support - I should have explained myself a bit more

I am a professional cheerleader, so 107 isn't that low for me, it's pretty much ideal. I have gained 12 pounds over the past 9 months and I'm looking for a healthy alternative, sans my teammates who resort to anorexia/bulimia.

I plan on keeping my calories at 1,200, and exercising at the gym (my gym has great les mills programs)

Tonight I plan on attending an hour long step, hour long body pump, and hour long yoga class. I figure I'm getting my cardio, my strength training, and my stretch.

I know 107 seems outrageous to some, but please understand where I'm coming from, I don't plan on dropping lower than 107..I'd actually be happy at 110, but 107 is my goal as that was my lowest a year ago..

Thanks again, and if anyone else is willing to jump on board w/ this Sept 1st challenge..I think it'd be great if we posted our food intake and exercise log every night..how does that sound?
  • olyjok
    Options
    Thats a great Idea. I have been having a little trouble with the late night snack! That might get me to stop with that.. Im also going to try to workout during my lunches. Im do busy to do it when I get home. By the time the kid go to bed its 930pm.
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm in!! We can do it!!! Is there a way to create a group on this site, so we can all check in weekly? Also, I am all about rewards...I go buy myself a new outfit when I reach a goal! What do all of you do?:flowerforyou:
    Current weight: 177.5
    Height: 5'6
    Goal for September: 162.5 (15lbs to lose)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you but I realistically know that I can't do 2lbs a week from now until September. (Husband's birthday, daughter's 3rd birthday and a family vacation all in that time frame.)

Wanted to post and wish you good luck on your goal!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gbryans
    gbryans Posts: 8
    Options
    :smile: I'm in I need a challenge....BAD food weekend - just started this and need some help!

Ht. 5'6
    CW: 199
    9-1 GW: 187
    GW: 145
  • squishfu1
    squishfu1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Im in...or well ill try! i am going to be gone for 2 weeks at the beach... hopefully i can still work out there (ill be working all day while im there! eh!

My stats:
    ht: 5'2
    cw: 126
    gw: 115 or lower!
  • key86
    Options
    SO, how would we like to go about doing this? Should we each reply by 10:30, daily, weekly, and include our intake of food and exercise? Any thoughts?

I think we'll be able to do this with each others support! I'm excited to meet a new group of friends with the same goals as me! :happy: Good luck everyone!
  • gbryans
    gbryans Posts: 8
    Options
    I've always heard weighing once a week is the best b/c of water weight etc. and discouragement - is that true? I started last Thursday on this site and haven't weighed - was going to wait until Thursday - any thoughts? Next week will really be a test since I'll be on vaca but I'll actually get more exercise instead of sitting @ my work desk!
  • olyjok
    Options
    I say daily!!! Or I might lose my goal for the week. Some weekends might be missed because I go up North. No computers up there. We can give a total Intake cals and Cals Burned. I also have a bet with myself NO FAST FOOD...... I been doing this since April... I dont even eat the salads from these places. I just stay away...

Josh Oly
  • olyjok
    Options
    We can weigh in every monday or wait every two weeks!
  • squishfu1
    squishfu1 Posts: 33
    Options
    I think logging in what we did for the day is good. I agree with Gbryans about a weigh in once a week! Every monday?
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    Monday sounds good! So we all have one week...GO! Good Luck everyone! I think we Should just start a new post each day to log everything. They could be something like"Sept. Weight Loss Group:Week 1" ect. The first person on should post it and then everyone else can reply. That way we don't get lost in all the posts of the day.:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My current stats are:

H 5'4
    CW 122
    GW 107
    HW 124
    LW 107

-Jess

UM, 2 lbs a week is NOT healthy at your current weight. It's not even close in fact, I would be shocked if you could lose 2 lbs a week and still maintain a healthy diet at your current weight and height! For someone with a BMI of (gulp) 20 currently, anything over 1/2 lb per week is execessive and possibly dangerous if continued for an extended period. Considering this was posted on a public forum, I guess I feel compelled to let you know that that isn't really what this site is all about! Challenges are fine if done with an eye towards health, I don't really know what the purpose of this is, but it's not really healthy. I hope you take this in the light it's given, and that is, to inform and hopefully give a pearl of wisdom that comes from experience.
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    Hello,

My current stats are:

H 5'4
    CW 122
    GW 107
    HW 124
    LW 107

-Jess

UM, 2 lbs a week is NOT healthy at your current weight. It's not even close in fact, I would be shocked if you could lose 2 lbs a week and still maintain a healthy diet at your current weight and height! For someone with a BMI of (gulp) 20 currently, anything over 1/2 lb per week is execessive and possibly dangerous if continued for an extended period. Considering this was posted on a public forum, I guess I feel compelled to let you know that that isn't really what this site is all about! Challenges are fine if done with an eye towards health, I don't really know what the purpose of this is, but it's not really healthy. I hope you take this in the light it's given, and that is, to inform and hopefully give a pearl of wisdom that comes from experience.
    Banks- I don't doubt that you are right about this, however, I think that if you are going to correct people, you should maybe state your credentials. I mean wouldn't it be more wise to recommend that someone see their Dr. to know what is healthy for them, rather than tell them what this site should and should not be used for. I just think that is a bit harsh and not very effective.