New Here wanted to stop by ans Say Hi!!

Options
Hello Everyone! I just found MYP and am really excitied this looks like a great site. I have about 50-55lbs I want to lose. Here's my short story about myself. I have been married for 10 years I am 32 and live in Illinois have 4 little ones, we were 3 months pregnant when we got married (had been planning the wedding for a year and then got a little suprise 3 months before the big day...lol) On July 12 1998 we had our handsome little boy who saddly passed away rite before he was born:brokenheart: , that happened 6 months into our marriage. We then got pregnant again 4 months later and happly delivered a beautiful baby girl in July 1999:heart: . After that pregnancy I had about 50 pounds to lose. It took my almost 3 years to do that since I have little to no Willpower and would start and stop way to many diets. As of 2003 I was finally at a good and healthy weight, I was working out just about daily doing Cardio & Weights, well then wouldn't you know it I got pregnant again in July 2003 (guess hubby thought I looked good too...lol)
We had a healthy little boy in April of 2004 :heart: and I was ready to start losing the weight again, and then Bam! in January 2005 I found out I was pregnany again... A little Anniersary present from my hubby, but needless to say in September 2005 we had out last and final little one... My youngest little girl was born on September 7 2005:heart: .
So I have a bunch of "baby weight" (how old do they have to be when that becomes bad to say...LOL) My thing is I have little to no Willpower... I mean I try I will do really good for about a week or two but then I seem to let one day/night ruin everything for me:sad:
I am big on support, I always need to talk with someone about how I might be doing or things that are going wrong, Someone to talk me off the cliff LOL and Im also good about giving as much support as I can as well :flowerforyou:
Ok this was suppost to be short...:embarassed:

If you made it this far thank you, I hope to get to know some of you maybe become partners in this Crazy, Weight loss World....lol

Take care..:bigsmile:
Kim

Replies

• Ihavangel
    Ihavangel Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I just found MYP and am really excitied this looks like a great site. I have about 50-55lbs I want to lose. Here's my short story about myself. I have been married for 10 years I am 32 and live in Illinois have 4 little ones, we were 3 months pregnant when we got married (had been planning the wedding for a year and then got a little suprise 3 months before the big day...lol) On July 12 1998 we had our handsome little boy who saddly passed away rite before he was born:brokenheart: , that happened 6 months into our marriage. We then got pregnant again 4 months later and happly delivered a beautiful baby girl in July 1999:heart: . After that pregnancy I had about 50 pounds to lose. It took my almost 3 years to do that since I have little to no Willpower and would start and stop way to many diets. As of 2003 I was finally at a good and healthy weight, I was working out just about daily doing Cardio & Weights, well then wouldn't you know it I got pregnant again in July 2003 (guess hubby thought I looked good too...lol)
    We had a healthy little boy in April of 2004 :heart: and I was ready to start losing the weight again, and then Bam! in January 2005 I found out I was pregnany again... A little Anniersary present from my hubby, but needless to say in September 2005 we had out last and final little one... My youngest little girl was born on September 7 2005:heart: .
    So I have a bunch of "baby weight" (how old do they have to be when that becomes bad to say...LOL) My thing is I have little to no Willpower... I mean I try I will do really good for about a week or two but then I seem to let one day/night ruin everything for me:sad:
    I am big on support, I always need to talk with someone about how I might be doing or things that are going wrong, Someone to talk me off the cliff LOL and Im also good about giving as much support as I can as well :flowerforyou:
    Ok this was suppost to be short...:embarassed:

If you made it this far thank you, I hope to get to know some of you maybe become partners in this Crazy, Weight loss World....lol

Take care..:bigsmile:
    Kim
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck Kim! Sounds like you know what needs to be done, and you're right...this is a GREAT site! Support is great and helps with motivation! I can definetely say it's addictive! But I'd gladly be your friend and support you through this! Just let me know how I can help!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, and welcome!
    You've definitely come to the right place! You will get tons of support here! Everyone is sooo great!
    And with the easy to use food counter, once you see your totals adding up from all that you're putting in your mouth, you WILL find the willpower that you need in order to lose the weight that you want to.
    I will suggest that you log your foods BEFORE youe eat, rather than later, as it tends to lead to much better food choices! Alot of the members also recommend weighing or measuring foods too.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...only I had my youngest almost 15 years ago! So, there is no time limit in my book! Do you have someone to partner with you? You need to find someone who will look at your numbers at the end of the day...it will give you pause before you put food into your mouth. You will make better food choices, eat less, exercise more...all because you'll be getting praise from someone! Good luck in achieving your goals!
  • Ihavangel
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I think I am ready to really start working hard and this is just the place to help me out.

:heart:
    Kim
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I am right there with you. I just turned 33 this month.:noway: I have two children and I too get very frustrated and tend to fall off the wagon so to speak. I will be majorly motivated and then after a couple of weeks of HARD work, I tend to not really see results and get frustrated and stop. So I am on that stop and go cycle with you. I just soooo need to do this for me and my family. I am just miserable right now. So, here goes!!!!!
  • Ihavangel
    Options
    Skittles.... Sounds like we are sitting in the same boat floating down the creek with out pattles....lol I just turned 32 last month so I understand that part too... :wink: Maybe with a little help we can Finally do this!!!

Let me know how I can help you stay on the wagon, cause Im hanging on this time also!!

:heart: