logging in is so time consuming

Options
2»

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I must be very sad as I actually look forward to logging everything! "Little things please little minds!!":laugh:

lol..same here! It makes me accountable all day when I have to stop and enter rather then eat and be unaware.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I dont mind it because it makes me THINK about what I am doing. Hopefully you will learn to not mind it. Good luck to you.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    @Alison: You're not alone! I too look forward to logging in every day too. I find watching my calories motivates me to eat well throughout the day.

Simone
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    3 WORDS: :heart: YOU'RE ... WORTH ... IT ! :heart:
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    like others I have seen on here I am starting to try and log my entire day in on here in the morning and just make minor adjustments if need be. I am home all day, every day pretty much so I can take time to figure out what I will have during the day as far as meals and snacks and that takes a lot of time out of logging. We are pretty much eating a lot of the same things so again, it is most likely recorded from a different day so will already be stored in my personal food database - then it is just a matter of find it and log it. I am finding that by keeping track of the food and the exercise I can see where I stand at any given time or day and that I think will help me.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am just not sure that I want to continue this route. I find that I'm avoiding logging in food, exercise, etc because it's so time consuming! How does everybody else handle this? I would literally be logging in maybe 10 or more times a day and that's too much.

I use the iPod Touch at times, but I am on a computer all day for work so logging is easy. Once you get foods that you use most often in your recent list it gets much faster. If you make the same thing a lot you could create a recipe for it so you can add all the ingredients in one click.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I used to think the same thing, but I'm around computers all day and it literally takes 2 minutes to log my food for one meal. I thought logging on my phone was time consuming so I just switched to computer.. I like it better. But don't quit! I really think it helps logging, at least it does for me. If you decide not to log then write it down somewhere on paper.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I dont find that it takes to much time. I log first thing in the mornign after my workout. I do all my food at the beginning of the day and then make little adjustments if needed, as sometimes plans change. I tend to eat a lot of the same foods over the course of a week so they are already there in the dtatbase and I just have to click on them to add. Sometimes I have to add a new recipe if I make a new dish but even then that doesnt take to much time.

in the beginning it took longer cause none of my recipes were in there. Now that I have added most if not all it easy peasy
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I plan the night before and log in foods/ meals i will have the next day and if i have to update it a bit i do!! I dont log food in as i have eaten them, i plan what im going to eat!!

It works for me!!

That's what I do too. It takes me about 5-10 minutes every night or a few minutes longer if I need to calculate a recipe. After about a month on MFP, I have become quicker since my staple recipes are already calculated and I am more aware of what a 300 calorie breakfast looks like, a 500 calorie dinner, etc.

I don't bother tracking my exercise. I find it too hard to determine actual calories burned. So basically it equates to me not eating my exercise calories back, which also gives me a little leeway if I go over by a couple hundred calories on one day (which generally happens every weekend...).
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes,
    she is my baby. that is an older picture though. I'll have to try and update. she'll be a year old in August. :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    Yes,
    she is my baby. that is an older picture though. I'll have to try and update. she'll be a year old in August. :)
    Well, she's just beautiful.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find it to be a bit time consuming as well, but it is not nearly as time consuming as it used to be when I had to do all the work by hand and manually figuring out the calories on my own. This site and the app on my phone has made this process so much easier! Planning ahead definitely makes it less time consuming. However, my ability to stay focused and plan is scattered and I am always logging my food on the fly so it helps that I can look back through my diary and use already logged in foods to get through a day on the go! I like all of the suggestions on this thread.....I hope you find one that works best for you.....wish I had a suggestion for you but I honestly am flying by the seat of my pants right now. Best wishes and stick with it cause you are worth it!