ZUMBA,is anyone doing this?

Options
How can we get this into the data base?????

Replies

• Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise. That's how I log mine in. If you use a heart rate monitor it will tell you how many calories you burn while doing it. I burned 315 calories doing the 20 minute express so when I log in however many minutes I do, it calculates it for me.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly what i do as well :)
  • kpak73
    kpak73 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yeah, I just ballpark my calorie loss when I create a workout... depending how much I sweat... I try to be conservative with my estimate.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I too do Zumba, and went online to get the calories burned for now and did indeed add it as my own exercise, but it will be much more accurate when I get my HRM. It all depends on how much you weight, and how much you exert yourself while doing it. Hope this helps!:bigsmile:
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i put mine in the database so i think it might be there
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i put mine in the database so i think it might be there

That would show in your database, but I am pretty sure that won't create a master entry.

It would be great to have because I am starting Zumba again this week..
  • robincnrr
    robincnrr Posts: 14
    Options
    thank you all i guess i better go get a hrm:)
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I just did my first class and was excited to come log it in. Now I'm depressed because I don't know how to guestimate what that hour of movement and sweat was worth. Don't have a heart rate monitor for next time either.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would classify it as dance, aerobic until Zumba is added to the database.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    This is very hard to estimate without an hrm. I teach 6 classes a week and have a different burn for each and every class. It depends on what songs are on the playlist (how many high intensity and how many low intensity), how much energy I put into it during that class, if the class is pumped up or if the class is quiet. So many different factors...don't know what I would do without my hrm!!! Definitely worth the investment!
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    I lodge it as the dance one !!!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    HRM would be your best bet on getting a good calorie count. In my Zumba class I burn between 550 and 750 depending on the day and the class.