Fruit & Veggie Detox---Help!!!

Options
I'm starting a fruit and veggie detox just to rid my body of all the junk food I've been eating recently. I'm NOT doing this as a quick fix to lose weight but I just want to do this to get my body on the right track and jumpstart the weight loss process.

But I have some questions that I really need help with! After 7 days of doing the detox, how do I gracefully transition to eating "real" foods-not fast food/junk food---without gaining all the weight back? Also, it is okay to eat soups while doing the 7 day detox? Not creamy fatty soups but simple low fat/low calorie soups.

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your detox is following some sort of plan... the plan should have details about the transition back to normal food. If you're at all worried about gaining weight after your detox then it probably isn't a great plan.

That being said, soup should be okay if it's something simple like vegetable soup (homemade, of course, so you know what's going into it). Make sure you're not shorting yourself on things like protein and minerals like calcium that come from meat and dairy if your detox strictly forbids those food groups (which would again be a red flag about any eating plan).
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I wanted to jumpstart my weight loss, too. I decided to eat just natural foods, foods that are grown(fruits, veggies, rice), also eggs, chicken, and salmon. I don't really see the point in doing a "detox." That's more of a quick fix. Just try natural foods and see if that works, it will help you rid of all of the junk. You may find yourself having bowel movements 3 times a day :wink: . I lost 5 pounds in 3 days doing that. I find myself craving very healthy food right now and I have more energy. Make sure you are meeting your daily calorie allowance, too. Good Luck! :smile: