The "You should weigh XXX in 5 weeks" Feature at the end of

Options
I have 3 questions:

(1) I have my settings to "lose 2 lbs per week" (I know 1/2-1 is better, but I'm very type A, so, what can I say?) However, it is telling me that at the calorie amount MFT recommended (1200/day), I will lose 1.1lb per week. What gives?

(2) Have you found the "If you eat this many calories you will weigh this in 5 weeks" tab to be accurate?

(3) Just technical, I incorrectly entered by starting weight on my phone when I first downloaded the app. Is there any way to change my starting weight even though my current weight is different (I just want to be accurate over all)

Thanks!

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Yes in 5 weeks I will weigh under what they say I will have weighed:)
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think this is more of a novelty. I believe that it essentially takes the calories that you ate THAT DAY and assumes that you will eat the EXACT number of calories per day for 5-weeks and tells you where you would likely end up. I find this to be more of a cautionary feature when I go over, but I largely dismiss it as not relevant.

--Carter
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't overweight enough to safely lose 2 lbs per week. So MFP gave you the maximum safe weight loss rate for your stats.

The 5 weeks thing is a hard one to test. You would have to have the exact same exercise burn and eat the exact same foods every day for 5 weeks to know. But mathematically, it is correct.

I'm pretty sure you can change your starting weight in your settings, but I can't remember where. I know people have done it. Someone else will weigh in on that, I'm sure.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    you can change your start weight under weigh in - edit previous - start weight,

and the reason its giving you a 1.1lb loss is because more will take you under 1200 cals, (starvation mode) which MFP wont do
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    1. If you want to lose 2lbs per week you will have to eat under 1200 per day and MFP dont recommend that. It compromises your nutritional requirements. So the numbers are adjusted accordingly.

2. NO! lol

3. There are various settings you can change under 'setting's. on the blue line of your home page.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • alteredpurple
    Options
    Why FIVE weeks is my question? Why not 4 weeks which is about a month.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am only 5lbs away from what I will weigh in 5 weeks as of right now. LOL....
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! I really appreciate all the friendly responses!
  • LetsDoThis103
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    im only here because of the xxx in the title :wink: :devil:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Yes in 5 weeks I will weigh under what they say I will have weighed:)

Me too Autumn!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    im only here because of the xxx in the title :wink: :devil:

*like*
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think this is more of a novelty. I believe that it essentially takes the calories that you ate THAT DAY and assumes that you will eat the EXACT number of calories per day for 5-weeks and tells you where you would likely end up. I find this to be more of a cautionary feature when I go over, but I largely dismiss it as not relevant.

--Carter
    :: thumbs up ::
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options

--Carter

This.