I am not typically a big fan of sharing personal information

vyvrhovat
vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
... I HAVE to tell somebody! Down two pants sizes, all my clothes fit great or are too big, I have to tighten my belt three additional notches, my SHOES are more comfortable, I have more muscle definition in my legs, back and forearms than I have in years, and I officially have ONE butt rather than two (I am not explaining this, fatties know what's up). Can I get a (excuse my language) mother****in' hell yeah?

Seriously, I haven't even lost a lot of weight! Just 21 pounds (which isnt much considering I have about 65 more to go before I am at a comfortable weight.. But the weight I have lost has been ALL fat and I've gained a lot of muscle with strength training and calisthenics! Those two things are the major working points that are different from before. I read a study that people who do weight training plus cardio lose the same amount of weight as people who just do cardio, but the study showed that people who did just cardio lost muscle as well as fat, whereas the other people who did both lost ONLY fat. I've been doing strength training twice a week since last December and I can really feel the difference. Everything just works a lot better. (: I am starting to feel more like the 21 year old that I am, not the 50 year old my body was telling me I was!

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Congratulations. Carry on with the good work :)
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    HELL YA! You are doing great - keep it up girl! :smile:
  • lkyeomans
    lkyeomans Posts: 52 Member
    Awesome job!! Every little NSV is huge! Way to go and keep it up. I too just had a similar experience, and posted my NSV. I went from 22 pants size that didn't fit and today went to the store and zipped up 18s! :smile:
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    That is so encouraging to a newbe! Well done you! Keep it up!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Great job! (As long as your name isn't your dieting method...! ;^) )
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Great job! (As long as your name isn't your dieting method...! ;^) )

Haha! It isnt. (:
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Congrats!

21 pound IS a big deal, so well done!

Don't believe me?

Next time you are out and about, stop at a Good Year or other tire place, and grab an average car tire from them and hang it around your neck and carry it with you for a bit.

Yup, that's about 21 pounds, give or take a pound.

Then you will know you have lost significant weight. :laugh:
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Next time you are out and about, stop at a Good Year or other tire place, and grab an average car tire from them and hang it around your neck and carry it with you for a bit.

Yup, that's about 21 pounds, give or take a pound.

Then you will know you have lost significant weight. :laugh:

LOL! After I hit the "20 lbs lost" milestone, I picked up a 20 lb weight, and was like "are you *kidding* me?!?!? I was carrying *this* around all the time????"
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    That's badass and I can totally relate! Keep it up! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!