Here we go...

Options
Hello all. A friend told me about this site this week after I found out that at only age 36, I have high cholesterol and have been place on medication. I was told that I needed to lose weight, exercise, monitor my diet, and stop smoking and decrease my stress. Ok, so yeah, I laughed at that last part. I'm a single mother, full time student, and a medic in the reserves. I don't have a lot of free time as you can guess. Which, I guess is why I managed to gain weight and have fallen into an unhealthy eating habit.

Honestly, I don't eat a lot of junk foods or drink a lot of soda. I really don't like candy, cakes, ice cream...things like that. I love veggies and fruits. I rarely eat fried foods and red meat. I eat primarily chicken (skinless). So, needless to say, when I found out the results of my blood work, I was a little shocked.

Anyways, I hope this site will help me keep track of my eating habits and eventually help me lose the weight I need to lose in order to correct my cholesterol.

Replies

• carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to the site. One of the reasons I started here is that my Doctor told me my cholesterol is high, not high eneough to need meds, but he suggested I start doing something about it now. So I am.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    My husband has high cholesterol - it's genetic. He had a heart attack when he was 41 years old (he is 6 ft tall & weighed about 165 lbs then)! No matter how much he tries to eat healthy, the cholesterol is always high. He's on several different meds to bring the numbers down. I think you'll really like this site! Hopefully your cholesterol goes down & you can get off the meds. Good luck to you & welcome!!!
  • jennelle130
    Options
    Welcome! it really is a pretty cool site if you use everything it has to offer. Good luck on your journey!
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    YAY i'm so glad you joined Beka! We can be weight loss buddies together! :love: Oh and btw Stephen says hi! :happy: And so you know, everyone on this site is VERY VERY helpful and very supportive as you'll find out. I love it here!
  • beka19743
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm still trying to maneuver my way around this place, lol. I still trying to figure out how to get emails, blog messages, so on and so forth. I'm so thankful that my friend Lauren told me about this site! THANK YOU LAUREN!!!