Cheat Days

Options
My diet allows for me to have a cheat day every 21 days. Today is one of those days :bigsmile:
Do you guys allow yourselves some cheat days? cheat meals?

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I've only been doing this a week, but I'm going to 'cheat' today. Of course it helps that I know it's not going to take me over my calorie goal. But last week I went over 1410 calories and it didn't bother me much as I knew that the next day, I had another chance to stay within my goal.
  • muzio
    muzio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat "days". I find a whole day is enough time for a lot of damage, and too easily snowballs into cheat dayS and complete derailment. I do allow myself cheat (or off-plan) meals. My rule is that they have to be planned (ie: can't go out for pizza on impulse) and I have to get right back on plan! I generally allow myself 1 (sometimes 2) off plan meals and 0-1 off plan snacks a week.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not cheat days, but I do have cheat meals. And this weekend is gonna be bad, cause it's my bday next week so I am going out for supper tonight and tomorrow and again on wed. But I honestly am not gonna stress about it cause I think I am doing well on my way to my goal and you have to have what you want sometimes or keeping it off isn't gonna work. I have found that I have to eat what I like and just keep my portions down, or I will go back to my old habits and gain the weight back.
  • mandylynn79
    Options
    When I started MFP I gave myself one cheat day a week. "Sunday Funday" I called it. I did not work out or eat healthy for any meal.
    That was a BIG mistake. Not only was I sick all day from eating foods I don't eat anymore. I was feeling very tired, lazy and down. I realized this is just hurting me instead giving me a break. So I make sure I at least take a walk on Sunday if I'm not going to do a typical workout and I only cheat one meal and maybe treat myself to desert. I also found it is easier to get back into a healthy routine on Monday if I only have a cheat a meal rather than a whole day. But you know I also have found that if you slip up once or twice in weak not to be so hard on myself. I'm not perfect and hopefully I have done well enough through the week that my metabolism can attack the bad food that I did eat and it does not affect me. That is my 2 cents.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Glad my cheat day is over! I sometimes over do it and yesterday I did :-/ and I have terrible heartburn from the pizza I ate :( but back on track now! Feels so good to eat well! my stomach can't handle all that junk anymore lol