Home Workouts - My Children

Options
Just wondering if anyone knows how many calories we burn by picking up after our children all day?

I seem to pick up after my boys every day and I also clean-up the house daily - can I put down that I clean about 2 hours total daily along with walking two hours total at a slow pace?

Just wondering .....

Replies

• kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you look at the database, there is actually a place for calories burned for cleaning (light and vigorous). I have two little boys, too, and I know the feeling. I'm constantly picking up something from somewhere. :smile:
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Do you mean physically picking them up - or collecting them from school and such?

Edited: forget that - read it wrong - didn't see the word 'after'
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My thing with logging our regular daily activities is that we all did them before we stated working out right? if you have your activity level set at lightly active that will cover it
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If these are things you do everyday I would probably just switch your activity level to lightly active or moderately active & only log things you do with the intention of it being exercise. That's just my opinion.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many calories we burn by picking up after our children all day?

I seem to pick up after my boys every day and I also clean-up the house daily - can I put down that I clean about 2 hours total daily along with walking two hours total at a slow pace?

Just wondering .....
    That should be taken into consideration when you enter your activity level at start up. Not added as separate activity daily! :bigsmile:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you described yourself as "sedentary" in your profile, then by all means consider house work and "Pick up stuff work" as a mild workout. However, if you described yourself as moderate active or active, then I would think that you should consider those activities as part of your life style.

In my profile I logged active, so I only report formal exercise routines, extreme cleaning, and active and long time doing gardening work.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, but I use it for margin of error on my intake.:ohwell: