I use to do WHAT?!

Options
spackham
spackham Posts: 252 Member
So, I tell my husband that though I am glad and proud and am in no way slacking off of my weight-loss efforts, truth be known, it is hard to think about not being even half way to GW yet. He listens and says a few words and then goes down stairs.

A minute later he is back upstairs with a back pack of 25 pounds of weight in it. I try it on. It is heavy. I feel my knees stressing with the extra weight just standing there. I try to do one jumping jack and it is a joke. I take an uncomfortable little jog into the next room and back.

"Quick, take it off," I say, and then continue to do another lap. I feel light and quick and a bit zippy. I can't believe I use to walk around with all that extra weight on my body. There is one other thing I don't believe. I don't believe I will be carrying around that 25 pounds IN my BODY ever again!

I recommend carrying around your old weight sometime you need a NSV feeling.

Replies

• hotcouponmama
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful motivational tool! Thanks for the idea :)
  • KSU93Amy
    KSU93Amy Posts: 9
    Options
    Nice! Two five pound bags of flour for me :) Can't wait for it to be more!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Your husband had a great idea. I think I am going to get my old backpack and start filling up as I lose weight.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Way to go to your husband for that motivation. The boot camp I work at the people in their first week have to wear a 30 lb weighted vest, which is the weight most Americans are over by. It is rough to work out with that vest on. Your second week you are like jumping for joy. It is amazing how much extra it is and you don't even think about it!!
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    well done on your weight loss to date and yes I agree we don't always notice the change as we should I certainly don't want to gain back the weight i've lost to date, thank you for posting this it's made me remember what I should be grateful for the rest can come along with time and effort i'm just grateful for now.:bigsmile:
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is one clever husband and one very effective NSV.

Celebrate!
  • imgettinphat
    Options
    Wow that's true! What a great idea!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    good idea! :happy:
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Best. Hubby. Ever. I applaud him for giving the perfect level of affirmation that you are making great progress!! Mine mumbles something like "I think you're pretty" awkwardly then offers to rub my back or something that doesn't require as much work :-).
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Quick question though, what does NSV mean?
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea! Very motivational.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    That is awesome :) whatta guy
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    What a great way to convey your weight loss, well done to you and your supportive hubby :happy:
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That was a wonderful act of love your husband bestowed upon you.

Great going on the weight loss so far! In order to get to it, we have to go through it.

Now I'm off to do the same thing for myself and see what it's like to climb the stairs.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Great work and I hope you give your insightful and sweet husband an extra smooch for being so supportive!
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    25 Pounds is VERY significant.

That is the weight of an average 2 year old child.

Congrats on the loss and having a man that came up with a neat idea of how to show you the significance.

I never even thought of doing that before, but it is a great idea.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What's NSV? :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What's NSV? :)

non-scale victory
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful husband you have. How great that he had such an awesome way of showing support. Thanks for sharing. I will remember your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!