Eye on the Prize

Options
I started a weight loss challenge at work on January 15th that ends April 15th, the prize is $560 cash money. I am a single mom and that money would mean some fun stuff for my kids and I to do this summer!
I have been doing great loosing inches but have only lost 8 lbs and unfortunately its the pounds number that wins the money. I have been doing cardio and weights 3 times a week, I have been told that to loose pounds I need to stick to cardio so that I avoid building the muscle that adds weight. I dont want to loose sight of my overall goal of getting healthy and getting fit, is it possible to do both?

Replies

• teressaholman
    Options
    If it's the short term goal of the cash you're after, then just stick to the cardio for your fitness challenge. It's only a few more weeks. Once you walk off with all the cash, then re-introduce strength training into your routine. Win / Win!
  • joann319
    joann319 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But building muscle will also make you burn more calories quicker. Muscle burns more calories than fat. I was also told this and recently started working with a trainer and have seen a major difference. I stick to my calories for the most part, but I am at the gym at least 6 days a week. I also started a biggest loser competition at my gym a couple weeks ago. Good luck!! You can do it.