Who are my Curves peeps?

Options
I started Curves a couple of weeks ago, and the Curves Weight Management Plan (loosely, anyway!) last week. Anyone with me?? I'm not planning to 'only' do Curves, but so far I'm loving that I have been able to fit in an extra couple of hours of working out and strength training here and there throughout the week...they are great about one or more of my kids having to tag along most of the time, they have lots of little contests and challenges for motivation, and I love the Zumba!! It's kicking my butt, but in a good way!!

Replies

• sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I go to curves on the avrage of 5 days a week and 2 times on monday and thurs for our walking tapes I love it
  • albertamomof4
    Options
    I also go to curves and love it. I started going feb1 and now go 5 to 6 days a week and at least 4 of those are the curves with zumba.
  • mmwinky
    mmwinky Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been going to Curves a little over a year now. I've lost over 20 inches so far. I lost a little momentum last year but am back on track now and am going 3-4 times a week now.

The trick to being successful at Curves is to be consistent. You definetly get what you put into it.
    Good luck!
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Curves 3 times a week since last June. I've lost inches, but didn't start losing pounds until I started MFP on Feb. 8. Ours doesn't do the Zumba.
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    Is anyone doing the weight management plan, or just the workouts?

What do you mean about walking tapes - your Curves does them as a class? Which tapes?
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did a trial and am officially signing up today. I am not doing the weight management thing though. I just like the workouts. I don't care what anybody says, Curves gives you a kicka** workout in 24 minutes. I love that it is all women too, I hate gyms with the old man perverts that stare at every woman. It makes me uncomfortable.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been a Curves member since Jan 2006. I love it. I average 5 to 6 days a week and started Zumba with the circuit in January and it is great. Healthy eating is mandantory as I lost 60 pounds and then gained back about 40 - still doing Curves every day but eating way too many calories. On track again now with Curves and the logging in MFP - have lost 17 pounds since January 31 of this year. Curves is wonderful!!!!
  • _LA_
    Options
    I didn't think I was doing the weight management - but I ended up looking up so much online about Curves during the trial, it piqued my curiousity and I decided to buy the book - after I read it I liked it enough to get going on it :)
  • _LA_
    Options
    My three year old
  • _LA_
    Options
    okay, that was weird - just found my post above, wonder what I was going to write about my little one? lol!!

OH YEAH I remember! I'm trying to add variety to my workouts (and get ready for a 5K) and my sis gave me a Leslie Sansone Walkk at Home workout..only my little one cannot STAND when I do it at home!! He literally comes up and pushes me and tells me to stop! So I've started spending my first 20 minutes doing Walk at Home moves next to the recovery stations to the Curves music, then I do my Circuit...he doesn't mind me doing the 'walking' there when he can play with their toys I guess! lol!!