OMG I can't believe it!

woja9640
woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
Ok, so here were my stats when I started this weight loss odyssey on February 2nd of this year:

Height - 4' 7"
Weight - 170 (or there abouts)
BMI - 39.6

Measurements: Neck 15, waist 39, hips 47

Since I started I have worked out at least 3-4 times a week, and if I don't work out, I walk. I have been watching my calories and keeping track of my servings sizes. Not only that but I have pretty much cut out beef, except for once or twice a month. I am eating healthier and eating more turkey, chicken, pork and fish to get my protein. I have also been drinking at least 3 glasses of water a day.

I used to have a HUGE butt, a prominent pouch below my belly button and big rolls on my back.

My current stats as of March 24th:

Height - 4' 7"
Weight - 156.3
BMI - 36.3

Measurements: Neck 13.5, waist 37.5, hips 44

This is all thanks to eating healthier, joining this site and exercising. When I exercise, I walk for at least 30 min at 4-4.5 mph, I also do 50 regular crunches, 25 crunches where I turn to the right, another 25 to the left, 40 reps on the hip abductor at 55 lbs, 20 reps on the seated row (throwing in crunches) at 27.5 lbs, and 20 reps of the lat pull down at 25lbs. I also make sure to track all my exercise no matter what it is.

Now I no longer have my little pouch, rolls or a HUGE butt. Now my butt is just BIG LOL.

Replies

• RobinS78
    RobinS78 Posts: 20
    Way To Go! Results of some hard work!
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    That's great girly!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    That's pretty impressive, and you seem to have a great attitude!

How do you feel about your appearance now? (you commented about having rolls and such before)
  • woja9640
    I feel soooooo much better.

I lost the dark circles under my eyes, and I noticed today that my abdomen is even. No buldging in certain areas.

So yeah. I am super excited. I already have to get rid of some shirts and pretty soon some pants.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    hard work pays off. keep it up great job
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Fantastic! Terrific results...keep it up!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Congratulations! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Awesome, that is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    WOw! That's insanely awesome! So happy for you!
  • woja9640
    Wow! I didn't expect to get this huge response.

Thank you all soooo much for your wonderful words. If any of you need advice or just to vent please go ahead and add me as a friend.

To those of you who are new to MFP or haven't seen any changes yet, remember it's a slow process. Stick with it and you WILL see results. I promise.
  • simplysonya
    simplysonya Posts: 12 Member
    Fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Post some pix! Show us what's up girl! Woo Hoo!
  • woja9640
    lol

Thanks for all the support everyone. But I am more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.

I will keep everyone posted in another 2 weeks on my progress. I hope it will be some more. :bigsmile:
  • woja9640
    Ok, it's been 3 weeks since I last posted on this topic, but I need some help.

I have hit a plateau.

I have been uping my water in take, eating my calories as I should be, and switching up my exercise routine. Can anyone help me? I can't believe I have hit a plateau so quickly.

HELP! This is getting depressing.
  • woja9640
    k, so I figured out what I need to do to break my plateau.... EAT MORE PROTEIN! LOL. Since I switched up my routine and began drinking more water, and eating more protein, I have already lost half a pound in the last 2 days.
  • woja9640
    I know it's been a while since I have posted but I have almost made it to the 20 lbs lost mark. I am so excited.
  • woja9640
    LOL! Forgot to add what I have changed.

I have changed from doing straight cardio with light weights, to doing a 29 minute long circuit training station using resitance instead of weights. I am also doing pilates.

It's hard but worth it.

In addition to that I am still walking 3 times a week and even doing 10 min on the treadmill at the gym. Now all I need is to get a new job. I am tired of being unemployed though I have to admit if I hadn't been sick and tired of staying home I wouldn't have gotten up off my *kitten* and started workng out. LOL.
  • woja9640
    Ok, so I know I last updated months ago well since then I have lost nearly 10 lbs.

I agree with everyone saying that for some reason My fitness pal just works. It is a tool which helps keeps us motivated, and gives us a support system outside of our friends and family. Sometimes we need the support from people who we may never meet but are in the same boat.

It's actually kind of funny. This past Saturday I went to Applebee's and was updating my food on using the app and my waitress noticed and made a comment about she uses the same app. So I shared with her some of the tricks and tips I have picked up and told her about the site since she only used the app.

Here's the link to my blog where you can find all the tricks and tips as well as some good recipes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640

Anyway I just wanted to say Thank You to all of my MFP friends for the advice, motivation and support.

I still can't believe that I am just over the half way point to my goal! I was looking at my old pictures and realized I physically look how I did in high school. I also went shopping the other day and bought a shirt by converse which was labelled a size "SMALL"!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!