frustrated

Options
grrrrrrrrrr........i've been using mfp for two weeks. i stepped on the scale today and i havn't lost anything and i'm not sure why not...its really frustrating...i'v been keeping within my calories and i've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week...

Replies

• shahrazad990
    Options
    grrrrrrrrrr........i've been using mfp for two weeks. i stepped on the scale today and i havn't lost anything and i'm not sure why not...its really frustrating...i'v been keeping within my calories and i've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week...
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories too? If not, you should be! :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    drinking enough water
    eating atleast 1200 (if your daily intake is 1200 please eat the 1200)
    eating exercise calories (because your body will go into starvation mode)
    if all questions are yes........
    Maybe you just need to measure because you loose inches sometimes before numbers.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I second the need for measurements. If you're hitting the gym then there's a decent chance you've gained some muscle. How are your clothes fitting?

Another BIGGIE is to keep an eye on your sodium levels. Recommended daily max is 1200 to 2400 mg. View your full report (button at the bottom of food page) and keep track of that. It may be a huge clue :wink:
    1818 Posts: 2
    Options
    what does that mean? eating your exercise calories? Does that mean that if you are eating 1200 calories, and burnt 300 at the gym, you should eat an additional 300 calories?

It's very frustrating, I agree. I am in month 2, going to a trainer 5 times per week,sweating my butt off, and watching what I eat, and have lost nothing. AND NO, my measurements have not changed, however my bodyfat has gone down?? don't know if this is enough motivationly to keep doing what I am doing and not see the scale move.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    what does that mean? eating your exercise calories? Does that mean that if you are eating 1200 calories, and burnt 300 at the gym, you should eat an additional 300 calories?

It's very frustrating, I agree. I am in month 2, going to a trainer 5 times per week,sweating my butt off, and watching what I eat, and have lost nothing. AND NO, my measurements have not changed, however my bodyfat has gone down?? don't know if this is enough motivationly to keep doing what I am doing and not see the scale move.
    Don't get discouraged. You will soon see the pounds go down. I've read that your body can take a couple months to realize it's ok to drop pounds. It depends on your eating habits.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Yes that means to eat those calories. :)
    1818 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, I will let you know how it goes.