Too Fat for a Tat

Options
Marlinedorcinvil
Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
So I want to get a tatto and I've wanted one for a while but I just feel like since my body isn't in shape I don't know where I would put it. I want something small and discreet but somewhere I would be ok with showing off if I wanted to. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    on the back of your shoulder (like over your shoulder blade). THis area wont change much with weight loss and can easily be hidden
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    I have 7 altogether. I have them- back of my neck, insides of both wrists, outsides of both wrists, ankle and shoulder. Im starting a new one next month. Thats gonna be from my foot to just under my boobs. Ill be getting that done in sections tho... im happy enough to get my foot and leg out for someone but dont wanna get my belly/ribs out yet!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I don't think one on the shoulder can be easily hidden in all honesty.

How about your foot? x
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I have two! I have one on my ankle and one that is on my back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade. You are never 'too fat to tat' just don't get one on an area that has stretch marks coz the ink bleeds into them and don't put it somewhere that you know is going to change too much. Good luck and I hope you get one :flowerforyou:
  • susancelli928
    Options
    I have two on each shoulder blade
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    foot or wrist is an easy place to show off!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've got my tat on my shoulder blade...its only seen when I choose tops to show it.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    of course it can be hidden on your shoulder. You just put a shirt on.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've got two, both custom designs. Both are in places where I can see them, and show them off if I want to, but which are normally kept hidden. I've never liked the idea of having a tattoo in a place where I couldn't easily see it, like my back.

I guess the obvious place to avoid re: stretchiness would be the stomach. Apart from that, think about how you normally dress, and what kind of place would complement that.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've got a pretty large one on my lower back. Easy to keep covered (which is good since I'm a teacher) but also able to show any time I want too. If you want to see what it looks like now and what it looked like when I was 16 lbs heavier, check out my blog at http://newmeat30.blogspot.com (just scroll down a little) :bigsmile:
  • bubblznfun
    bubblznfun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd say it would depend on the size of the tat? I have two, One on my foot , and one behind my ear. But I can't get the pictures to show.

Behind the ear didn't hurt at all. The foot was sensitive on the edges of the wings but not unbearable.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options

Well, that is kinda what I was thinking. I have one there, and the only time I cannot hide it is when I am wearing a bathing suit. (and when I have on a bathing suit--BELIEVE ME---hiding the tat is the LEAST of my worries. :laugh: )
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Well, that is kinda what I was thinking. I have one there, and the only time I cannot hide it is when I am wearing a bathing suit. (and when I have on a bathing suit--BELIEVE ME---hiding the tat is the LEAST of my worries. :laugh: )

I was thinking exactly the same!! LOL
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think that I will be looking into the shoulder or back. But if i put it on my back I wouldnt put it on my shoulder because I live in tank tops during the summer.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I always thought that if I got one, it would be to show it off. But I'm not too flashy, so a small one on my ankle or maybe behind my ear...

I never thought of the 'fat' or stretch mark part. There are a few other places that might be out b/o stretchmarks. Although I don't have stretchmarks over the 'bony' areas. But I don't have very many bony areas, though.

Wait, I'm 60 years old, and I'm actually thinking where on me a tattoo would look good! :noway: :laugh:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be getting one on my lower back, but to the side. That area doesn't change too much, there's no stretch marks there (unlike EVERYWHERE else on me, lol), and that's easy to hide, even when I'm 90 or wearing tank tops/wedding dress/business suit. :smile:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get one on my side - on my ribs in the area that gets covered by my bra, due south of my armpit. Just a small one.
  • kfortenberry89
    Options
    I have a small one on the back of my neck...seriously, it's tiny. I like it though:)

24562_120232844657676_100000128843227_307638_3926339_n.jpg

I tried to put a pic of it from right after it was finished...I hope it worked! It means family:)
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My legs have a fair amount of ink in them: 3 on left leg (celtic shamrock ankle, brass knuckles, and Rosie the Riveter on the inside) 2 on right leg ( thigh covered in script "Never let the Hand you Hold, Hold you down" and a partially finished-just started- navy anchor tied to angel wings with a rose coming out the top on my calf)

Then there's the tramp stamp I regret a little, I have a tribal cross on my upper back centered, and an Oregon tribute tattoo on my rib cage right side...

I get to show off my legs daily as I wear shorts at work, and most of the time dont mind showing them off... Not like I didn't want them to be seen. But I was at 50 pounds lost when I got the rib cage piece, so I haven't minded showing it too much. I have none on my arms so I can cover them easily anytime.

don't do what others think... DO WHAT YOU WILL LOVE FOREVER!!!