important to eat after excersize?

Hi I just started this journey- and I want each step to be as effective as possible. I am sticking to 1200 -1300 cal diet. So my question is do I need to eat after excersizing or can I skip it and save those calories for the other 3 meals + 1 snack in the day? Will not eating cause my muscles to not build up as fast? (if it helps for reference i'm a jelly bag w/almost 100 lbs to loose-to get to a weight considered "healthy" average)

Replies

• lorihuff
    lorihuff Posts: 8
    Hi I just started this journey- and I want each step to be as effective as possible. I am sticking to 1200 -1300 cal diet. So my question is do I need to eat after excersizing or can I skip it and save those calories for the other 3 meals + 1 snack in the day? Will not eating cause my muscles to not build up as fast? (if it helps for reference i'm a jelly bag w/almost 100 lbs to loose-to get to a weight considered "healthy" average)
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    you should eat with in an hour after exercise. Something that has lean protien, and its also wise to have a little something pre-work out that has some good whole grains or carbohydrates (like peanut butter on whole grain bread or a piece of fruit), this will give you energy so that you can have a really great workout.
  • TravisF
    TravisF Posts: 3
    about 10 mins after you workout to 1 hour you really should drink some juice and have a protein drink after and if you can some L glutamine.

Thats generally what is in the recovery drinks when body building or weight training.

Find a good low calorie low carb with at least 20-50 protein
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    yes, carbs before, protein after for weight training, and for straight cardio, carbs before, and some carbs after (with a little protein too).