Help !! im disgusted with myself !!

Options
2»

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    First off.. don't be too hard on yourself. However I do agree with others saying, don't wait until tomorrow, start the good choices now. You may have had a bad day, but rather than going for a snack of chips or something else equally as nasty for you, go for some fruit or some low cal jello or something. That choice alone shows you are in control.

And as for your birthday.. it is exactly that.. YOUR birthday. You can eat however you want and others should respect it. If you want to have a nice healthy dinner and something not so crazy on the cals for dessert, then your family/friends should be all up for that. I am sure they wouldn't object, especially if they know how important this is to you.

As far as other social events, you can always indulge a little bit without breaking yourself. This evening for example, my husband wanted to take me out to dinner. I ordered a chicken wrap with fries (unsalted) and was barely able to eat half of it. I took the rest home. You always have options. They may not always be the best options, but you can always find something that works that will not hurt as bad as other stuff.

Believe in yourself and your ability to take control. YOU want this!! You are doing this for YOU!!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight... But I'm still the first person to tell you that you need a weekend like that sometimes. Especially when you are starting out! It is so hard to go from the "eat what I want, when I want" mentality to counting calories and living a super healthy life! I have days like that, heck I've had full weeks where I just didn't eat the right stuff. It happens. Don't pretend it is something you should quit over because in all honesty, what it really is is a reminder why you want to change for the better. Just trust me... when you wake up on tuesday in a cake coma, you will hate the way it feels!

Happy Birthday! And enjoy yourself. Get back to the grind on tuesday morning, and remember how hard you worked for those seven pounds!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Every single one of these posts are great so I won't repeat...just wanted to send a HUG and good thoughts your way :heart:
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, I can't imagine how you must feel, but feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    We all have bad eating days, it is a part of life. The most important thing is to get right back on track. Nobody eats perfectly all of the time and we all have OOPS! days. Get back on track ASAP. You are worth it and you can do it!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    ((HUGS)):heart: You are worth it....I know it is cliche, but tomorrow IS another day. Look at how many people came to give you support!! Every second is a chance to start anew, we all slip up...every single one of us...no one is perfect (the world would be so boring if we all were :laugh: ). You are beautiful and amazing, and you CAN do this!