What keeps you motivated?

mommymovingmountains
mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Sometimes it is hard for me to stay on track with healthy eating and exercise. What helps YOU stay focused?

Replies

• pics of my old self i know longer hide them and the daily remarks when people who didnt know before call me tiny lol. not to mention getting marry in six months so. Also my OA meetings is my backbone
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    I have a pic on my cell phone back ground that turned the page of life for me that I see everytime I answer my phone. I also have a couple of pair of pants that I have been wanting to wear. Plus I am turning 50 next month and I want to look good for that big number when it hits me right between the eyes...lol...
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    It took me a long time to get this to be just how I live, instead of a "diet". Once it became how I live, its just natural to stay on track with the occassional step-off and then get right back on it.

Perhaps working a regular higher calorie day into your routine would help.

What keeps me motivated is remembering why I started this in the first place. Reviewing my goals and thinking about how much healthier and better I'm living now, and will be even better in the future if I keep going helps too.

And it doesnt hurt that I'm in the smallest clothes I've been in since high school! That keeps me going too.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Keep your eyes on the prize! Just when you feel like giving up, giving in is when you need to dig deeper. Breathe deeper. Push through and have another glass of water. Go for a walk. Remember why you are doing this in the first place. MFP buddies are the best! We challenge each other and support each other every day. That goes a long way! Friend me if you need one!

Best of Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Me and some friends and family decided to have a little competition. $1 per pound lost goes to the winner from everyone that signed up! I'm psyched!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    My ticker. It wasn't easy these 16 lbs and I don't want them back.
  • My 2 kiddos. looking at them everyday and remember they are the reason why I am doing this! And hoping to look decent in a bathing suit by summer :) I know it sounds cheesy lol
  • well i haven't had a great track record when it came to motivation AT ALL. But my motivation recently has just been my bf, and eventhough he loses me the way I am, he's so wonderful that it makes me want to be as healthy as I can be and as beautiful as I can be for him.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    The embarrassment of what really keeps me motivated to too much to mention, but I will tell you it is a really good motivator. Other motivations are let me see, the feeling of strength and endurance from increased physical activity, the fact that I have a waist, my kids are cheering me on,...ect..ect
  • mommymovingmountains
    pics of my old self i know longer hide them and the daily remarks when people who didnt know before call me tiny lol. not to mention getting marry in six months so. Also my OA meetings is my backbone

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and congrats on your awesome new body!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    My success seems to be feeding my motivation. I've got my eyes on the prize!
  • mommymovingmountains
    It took me a long time to get this to be just how I live, instead of a "diet". Once it became how I live, its just natural to stay on track with the occassional step-off and then get right back on it.

Perhaps working a regular higher calorie day into your routine would help.

What keeps me motivated is remembering why I started this in the first place. Reviewing my goals and thinking about how much healthier and better I'm living now, and will be even better in the future if I keep going helps too.

And it doesnt hurt that I'm in the smallest clothes I've been in since high school! That keeps me going too.

I think I will try having 1 higher calorie day into my week..., I guess I have always been afraid to do that BUT like you said, it is a lifestyle now. Thanks :)
  • the fact that im so tired of being alone and i need to find someone soon and im very picky in my choosing
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    A bikini that I bought that hangs in my closet and stares at me every day......Insisting that I lose these last 23 lbs.....**sighs**
  • mommymovingmountains
    I have a pic on my cell phone back ground that turned the page of life for me that I see everytime I answer my phone. I also have a couple of pair of pants that I have been wanting to wear. Plus I am turning 50 next month and I want to look good for that big number when it hits me right between the eyes...lol...

I am hoping that my 40th will be the same in helping motivate me.....funny..."hits me right between the eyes." Honestly, I feel very young so I am am ignoring the number LOL.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    What got me motivated? The fact that I was a total gym rat in a chunky body. I woke up one morning totally disgusted with myself and knew I had a decision to make. I either needed to get my diet under contol or I may as well just quit working out altogether. I was sick of killing myself for a body I didn't like.... what was the use??? That was the day I discovered MFP!

What keeps me motivated??? The shocked looks/comments of people who haven't seen me in a while. Feeling fantastic in my clothes. Having strangers at the gym talk to me for the first time ever to ask what I've been doing. Amazing MFP friends that encourage me. Actually being able to see my abs. Feeling and looking better at 34 than I did at 24... or any other age. Being stronger and having more endurance than I ever had before. My new electric blue bikini!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    This website keeps me motivated! And I read TONS of fitness magazines, nutrition books/magazines! This helps me a lot! It helps that my hubby is on track with me so we motivate eachother too!!
  • tdc7591
    tdc7591 Posts: 37 Member
    energy! even though im not necessarily seeing results, the increase in energy is enough for me! also, time passes regardless of what you eat or what exercises you do, so why waste that time? might as well take advantage of it :)
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    there is a pic on my grandmothers fb page and its mortifying. Its of a family get together, taken this past june. Im the dumpling right smack dab in the middle. everytime i see it it makes me cringe. i hadnt seen most of them in 10 years, gramma is always asking me to come up again, i am not going back looking like that. See it almost everyday, its a constant reminder.
  • What keeps "me" motivated?

All the times I lost and failed. That's what keeps me motivated now.
    I know people who are like me.. Who has lost weight, and put it on again...
    COUNTLESS TIMES.. So my back slides from 00-09 is what keeps me motivated.
    What kicks me in the butt the most is this.. I was at my mid way goal weight during the start
    of 09.. Stress hit.. Issues became "emotional eating quest" and the gym membership became
    an extra charge on my credit card that I wasn't using at all.. WASTE of MONEY..
    So those 2 things right there keeps me motivated.. But most of all. The smiles on my children faces.
    An old pic of myself for that extra push when I'm lacking..... And the inches loss when the scale and I don't agree.
This discussion has been closed.